An Issue I want to bring to light

gonna agree with skye that theyd need to be political to keep their jobs, judges should have lifetime appointments so that they need not please anyone

7 Likes

If we don’t do term limits then we need to revise the judicial ethics to remove the chance of any political problems:

• Judges can’t debate in Congress
  • Judges can’t support or denounce a candidate running for office

I think those two would help us a lot. Note that I said they can’t debate but still can contact their rep or senator with ideas.

5 Likes

But they are legal professionals that have proven themselves, hence why sometimes their advice is invaluable. For example if we are going to revise judicial ethics we would want a judge to speak on that, or if we were to introduce something changing the judicial system, but I would agree with the candidate restriction.

4 Likes

Possibly make it factual based in which they can only provide legal reasoning or facts. They can’t provide their own ideals.

3 Likes

ive gone on the floor of congress several times in my tenure as a judge, never in a political way

always either been for:

• speaking on a judicial nominee
  • providing legal context/information to the chamber to help them make an informed decision, usually at their own request
  • legislation directly pertains to my branch

bad blanket rule
also rip rights (we’re still citizens, humans, and people)

already can’t do this / when have we ever

3 Likes

except on that one where jef was removed from the floor

5 Likes

:eye::tongue::eye:

3 Likes

ogax nomination that was
hec is a silly gay straight boy

3 Likes

was just one that got muted from the courts server.

3 Likes

idk whats happening but im on Skye’s side becuz shes amazing !

3 Likes

I hate to speak in this matter but you misinterpreted what I said and are calling the people to not vote for me if i choose to run again. I am not corrupted I don’t care how people to tell me to vote I have my own mind. Please before you try to make me look bad please state something to my dms they are always open. Please don’t assume the worse.

4 Likes

While “corruption” is misused in the OP, @Skye_Jones you really do need to calm the fuck down, you’re turning into Jef and we saw how that worked for him.

15 Likes

dont speak ill of the legendary aj

3 Likes

The thing is that the courts are shit and almost everyone there is a shitbag :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I do agree with that

Firestone just pisses me off too much for me to care tbh

4 Likes

sadly facts were not involved, it was an ultimatum presented to the people in the convention and frankly that is unacceptable from a person who is meant to uphold judicial neutrality

5 Likes
7 Likes

can you please stop talking about things you know absolutely nothing about

5 Likes

a entire vibe right here.

4 Likes

good song

3 Likes