An Amendment to Ensure Activity With Senate Leadership

An Amendment to Ensure Activity With Senate Leadership

To require accountability for the President Pro Tempore of the Senate.

Chief Sponsor(s): Senator clonemep

Be it enacted by the Senate and the House of Representatives of the State of Firestone in Congress assembled,

§1. Title
(a) This amendment shall be known, and may be cited as, “An Amendment to Ensure Activity With Senate Leadership”.

§2. Enactment
(a) This amendment shall go into effect as an Act of Congress upon completing the processes constitutionally required.

§3. Enforcement
(a) This resolution shall be enforced by any relevant parties.

§4. An Amendment to C.I.III.V
(a) Article I, Section III, Subsection V of the Firestone constitution currently states:

“A President pro tempore may be freely chosen from the current senators at the time of selection by the President of the Senate but may be removed with a simple majority vote through an internal resolution. It shall be the job of the President pro tempore to exercise the duties of the President of the Senate in their absence.“

(b) Article I, Section III, Subsection V of the Firestone constitution shall now state:

The Senate, under an election hosted by the President of the Senate, will choose a President pro tempore from their membership who shall exercise the duties of the President of the Senate in their absence. The President pro tempore may be removed with a simple majority vote through an internal resolution. The President pro tempore must be reconfirmed by the Senate after being re-elected as a Senator.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.