An Amendment to Article I of the State of Firestone Constitution

An Amendment to Article I of the State of Firestone Constitution

PREAMBLE: Whereas in recent elections there have not been enough candidates to initiate elections, resulting in the automatic election of electoral candidates to the State of Firestone Congress. The number of seats in both chambers of our Congress shall be reduced to promote more competitive elections and ensure that those elected to Congress are done so by the will of the people through democratic elections, therefore:

BE IT ENACTED BY THE STATE OF FIRESTONE CONGRESS HERE ASSEMBLED THAT:

SECTION 1A: Article I of the State of Firestone Constitution shall be amended.

SECTION 1B: The State of Firestone Constitution shall be defined as the State of Firestone Constitution.

SECTION 2A: Article I, Section II.I of the State of Firestone Constitution currently reads:
“The House of Representatives shall be recognized as the lower chamber of Congress and shall consist of thirteen citizens elected by the people of the State of Firestone.”

SECTION 2B: Article I, Section II.I of the State of Firestone Constitution shall be amended to read:
“The House of Representatives shall be recognized as the lower chamber of Congress and shall consist of eleven citizens elected by the people of the State of Firestone.”

SECTION 3A: Article I, Section III.I of the State of Firestone Constitution currently reads:
“The Senate shall be recognized as the upper chamber of Congress and shall consist of ten citizens elected by the people of the State of Firestone.”

SECTION 3B: Article I, Section III.I of the State of Firestone Constitution shall be amended to read:
“The Senate shall be recognized as the upper chamber of Congress and shall consist of nine citizens elected by the people of the State of Firestone.”

SECTION 3C: What is currently considered as “Seat 6” on the Senate Trello with a term expiry date of January 26, 2022 shall be stricken from Senate membership to reduce the third Senate electoral group from four seats to three in line with the total reduction in Senate membership.

SECTION 4: This amendment shall go into immediate effect upon completion of the constitutional process required for constitutional amendments.

Respectfully submitted to the Congress of the State of Firestone,

Chief Sponsor:
Senator Techiey

Co-Sponsors:
Senator ArezPP
Senator JayhawkBosun
Representative ADMIRAL_RICKY
Representative Donxld
Representative legozak0914
Representative Jacobbron
Representative MatthewCarlyle
Representative PennAuthority
Representative yeanlingspark99

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.