An Amendment for C.I.VII

An Amendment to C.I.VII

BE IT ENACTED BY THE STATE OF FIRESTONE CONGRESS HERE ASSEMBLED THAT:

Preamble: The following was removed: “permission of the Lieutenant Governor/Speaker of the House unless the Lieutenant Governor/Speaker of the House is absent (on an inactivity leave.).

Section I: The Firestone Constitution shall be amended.

Section II: Section VII, Article I of the Firestone Constitution currently reads: “The Lieutenant Governor shall be permitted to call a Senate session and is able to preside over the Senate; the President Pro Tempore may do the same with the permission of the Lieutenant Governor unless the Lieutenant Governor is absent (on an inactivity leave.) The Senate may put forward resolutions to determine its own procedures and rules for the presiding officer (Lieutenant Governor, President Pro Tempore) to follow for when presiding for each session. The Speaker of the House shall be permitted to call a House of Representatives session and is able to preside over the House; the Speaker Pro Tempore may do the same with the permission of the Speaker of the House unless, the Speaker of the House is absent (on an inactivity leave.) The House of Representatives may also put forward resolutions to determine its own procedures and rules for the presiding officer (Speaker of the House, Speaker Pro Tempore) to follow for when presiding for each session. The individual presiding over a respective chamber of Congress during a session shall be known as the Presiding Officer of said session. The Presiding Officer of a session has the power to temporarily designate a member of the chamber of Congress in session to preside, and shall serve until removed per the order by the original Presiding Officer.

Section III: Section VII, Article I of the Firestone Constitution shall now read: “The Lieutenant Governor shall be permitted to call a Senate session and is able to preside over the Senate; the President Pro Tempore may do the same. The Senate may put forward resolutions to determine its own procedures and rules for the presiding officers of the Senate (Lieutenant Governor, President Pro Tempore) to follow for when presiding for each session. The Speaker of the House shall be permitted to call a House of Representatives session and is able to preside over the House; the Speaker Pro Tempore may do the same. The House of Representatives may also put forward resolutions to determine its own procedures and rules for the presiding officers of the House of Representatives (Speaker of the House, Speaker Pro Tempore) to follow for when presiding for each session. The individual presiding over a respective chamber of Congress during a session shall be known as the Presiding Officer of said session. The Presiding Officer of a session has the power to temporarily designate a member of the chamber of Congress in session to preside, and shall serve until removed per the order by the original Presiding Officer.”

Section IV: This amendment shall go into effect immediately upon passing both chambers of congress.

Section V: All laws in conflict with this amendment are hereby declared null and void.

Respectfully submitted to the State of Firestone Congress,

Chief-Sponsor(s):

Speaker. Virginian_State

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like