ALPR Added to BOLO System

Recently, with the addition of more faster cars in V2, LEOs frequently end up losing criminals in pursuits. It takes lots of time and resources to search for criminals when losing them and you are left just sitting around waiting for them to show up.

The suggestion I have for this is an for an ALPR feature to be added to the already existing BOLO system. It would work as following:

• LEOs wish to track a vehicle, typically from a pursuit
  • When setting a bolo they input the plate of the vehicle and it adds to a BOLO list of tagged plates
  • A few intersections throughout V2 would have cameras on them (only like 1-2 each in Redwood, Arbor and Prom).
  • If a car with a tagged plate goes through one of these intersections it would ping into PRMY (maybe T1 and T2 too) with **ALPR HIT - LOCATION - PLATE**

You could also add the cameras to the back of vehicles like the SCSO Ghosted Taurus which already have them modelled on the back.

I feel this would be a nice addition for LEO’s, it wouldn’t take a large amount of time to script, many places in real life use this tech and it would be cool to see it in V2.

• Support

0 voters

7 Likes

i love you

2 Likes

This is sort of way out there, but if not an ALPR, maybe for the new LEO vehicles that have 11 gears, add a Starchase system to them as well

1 Like

incredibly overpowered and unnecessary
leos already have a lot of advantages, and the “faster cars” is one car that costs 125,000$ and is owned by like 3 people

just use your EYES

1 Like

not really, its just a small hint if they ping a camera

not in pursuits

almost all crims own an srt which is still faster than cop cars

3 Likes

because LEOs keep trying to follow cars like sheep

use spikes, coordination, numbers, tactics, etc.
you have numbers

3 Likes

fsp arent really on a lot to spike, and apparently they cant even use them atm

wdym by this

still time consuming

this feature wouldnt exactly be game breaking

1 Like

great idea, not familiar with the bolo system but will they have to make it so you need to enter a specific name or plate for the alpr thing? would be cool if you could go into the record lookup thing leos use on traffic stops and press a button to assign a bolo for the alpr. this could be abused with the metagaming menu avatar thing or whatever but i think it could be balanced.

1 Like

helicopters exist. Blame FSP & ASU for not hiring (this comes straight from fsp command)

3 Likes

incredibly overpowered and unnecessary

how i mean they do go fast if its a demon so they probs are already gone

2 Likes

spikes

theyre very glitchy and laggy so it might not pop the tires even if it hits
heard they cant use it rn coz too glitchy

2 Likes

fr, its not hard to split off and try to intercept, only the primary and secondary should be behind them if its a faster vehicle and coordinate with other units

1 Like

I like this idea. Although I think it should be more aimed for v3 because the map there is bigger than v2’s. But the way I see it, if the location is pinged, it should be at the traffic lights at the highways and other lights in like 1 or 2 intersections. So yes I’d support but rather have it be a v3 feature. But we do have an update incoming for v3 later on in this month as they need to make the mechanics work more efficiently. If this is considered for let’s say v3, it could be implemented in late beta or in a full release update (this v3 update seems pretty big due to fixed handling, els, and revised tools and all that fun stuff but let’s see what the devs have placed by then)

1 Like