Allow FFA to be sued in the court

Horrible idea, it’ll give DOH too much power that’s unneeded. DOH cannot recognize Firefighting certifications

an academic institute responsible for state wide issuing of certifications going under county??

9 Likes

just because you a state wide certification doesn’t mean you get to be within state-level government by the way, tons of organizations issue state-level certifications that are independent and all.

5 Likes

Then why not make post under the county also? They do the same exact thing we do. Or every academy to be exact?

5 Likes

Because the Fire Department is a county-level department

4 Likes

We’re not only needed for the fire department.

7 Likes

My personal belief, not even POST should be a state-level academy but it has been already established as so. I have talked about this before that I believe the certificate issuers shouldn’t be the certificate certifiers. I believe a Board should be made for each certification to ensure its curriculum is matching the requirements of such departments etc.

If you want to be exact then we can talk about this easily.

POST was a flock that happened to pass congress ago and it was really a fed thing.
FITE’s head is basically Hobo_Bear which doesn’t affect its congressional place furthermore it’s literally meant for a state national guard and nothing more.

now what I consider as an “academy” would be also the Firestone Humanitarian Organization as it provides First Aid certification… but it’s a business that both not state level or county level. It is not about who you serve but what you provide. These people are academies and a Director should not be higher than any of the people leading departments.

4 Likes

generally, hospitals won’t send their staff to a fire academy to be taught basic to advanced medical care. hospitals do that themselves entirely.

5 Likes

what do you mean lol

5 Likes

Our purpose serves as providing mainly all per hospital care certifications for a handful of others such as FNG,DOH,Private serves such as doctors offices,FHO and Law Enforcement.

7 Likes

isn’t DOH responsible for that? I thought ‘Fire Academy’ was for the ‘Fire Department’ and their subdivisions/employees

6 Likes

DOH doesn’t do emt-b or emt-p anymore. FFA handles the certifications for prehospital workers.

8 Likes

you are misinformed then. fire academies do more than just firefighting certs, that holds true in reality too and has always been the case for FFA.

7 Likes

that is a ridiculous idea, quite frankly sir. a state fire academy is 100% realistic and is more than practical for firestone. SCFA didn’t work well at all, and as it’s former head I can confirm that

8 Likes

Never stated its not realistic, that isn’t realistic is it being under executive branch and a cabinet member.

4 Likes

that isn’t true. almost every state has a fire/ems organization under their executive branch that regulates stuff, provides certifications, promotes education of fire safety, etc.

8 Likes

*has a commissioner that has the state fire academy under, the academy is never its own separate entity its always under some form of commissioner. would like you to review Mississippi state fire academy or even pennsylvania ^-^ there is more fire academies you can research and try seeing the hierarchy

5 Likes

‘prehospital workers’ huh?

doh shouldnt require a emt-b or emt-p prerequisite if that is what you’re saying.

hospitals teach you that

5 Likes

Prehospital certifications are everything from EMR-CCEMTP. DOH are the ones that teach the hospital care certifications that are necessary (RN,NP,MD etc)

7 Likes

also it really wouldn’t be “overpowering DoH”

since usually the department of health’s job is to regulate and assure quality medical treatment across the state, even if it is paramedics, or emt’s, etc etc.

so they’d just be a “higher power” with your certifications on medical care, it really wouldn’t overpower them lol.

5 Likes

doh requires EMT for 95% of their positions, which consists of their prehospital EMTs and in-hospital technicians. that cert is provided by FFA. not only does a sole universal provider for EMS certs make it more simple and easier to coordinate, but it’s also fedlaw. fed only wants ffa as the sole provider.

6 Likes