Abolition of Political Parties and Subsequent Partisan Alignment Within the State of Firestone

This thread discusses a radical possibility of the abolition of political parties and partisan alignment within the State of Firestone in order to ensure full effectiveness of the government

While everyone gets upset about the election drama, let’s talk about elections WITHOUT mentioning the most recent gubernatorial race; that being political parties.

Now, I will admit that I haven’t been to many congressional sessions recently and am unaware if this is still a serious issue or not, however, I feel as though I must voice my opinion in case a situation like this gets out of hand.

In many first world countries around the world, political parties are a way for members involved in politics to align themselves with a “faction” (for lack of a better term) in regards to their overarching political views.

Using the United States as an example (as the Firestone government resembles that of the U.S government, we can see that this system (mainly a TWO PARTY system) is horrendous in many ways. A distinct rivalry forms between the two parties and very little action gets done because of the constant bickering on both sides.

Solution to prevent this in Firestone?
Get rid of political parties!

My proposal is that ALL political parties are dissolved; not a one-party system, two, or even five, but NONE. This allows for a fluent and effective governing body, with people being held accountable for their own opinions and as such coming up with them.

The goal of this is to prevent gridlock within the Firestone government, and as such allow politicians to thrive using their actual opinions not constraining too or following that of a political party. As such, this will allow for more independent votes and as such less partisanship and an actually effective democracy.

Now, I know some of you may be saying: But that just isn’t realistic! However, something I would like to point to is that this is an independent state based on the United States in a fictional world. Anything can happen, and I’d like to see serious reform happen if possible; we can’t be cowardly in deciding for new change (just look at what happened to Sparta in real life…) because of tradition or a preconceived opinion on what Firestone SHOULD resemble at all costs.

(p.s) even old George Washington warned of the danger political parties may bring

(extra side note) This post is extremely concise as I don’t have much time to write this, so sorry if things seem overly consolidated or my arguments aren’t fully detailed as I can’t put much more time into the writing of this at this moment in time)

(extra EXTRA side note) Even if political alignment may not be a huge issue in Firestone right now, this is something to prevent such things in the future. (IF it isn’t a huge problem right now)

Anyways, what are your opinions? Should political parties be cemented as something that shouldn’t dominate politics or are they a necessary key to our thinking?

4 Likes

I agree, the only real active FS Party is the Firestone Reform Party. No hate to the Firestone Reform Party. I have nothing against them specifically. I just don’t like the idea of parties in general. #KeepFirestoneIndependent

4 Likes

we currently have one functioning party, the reform party.

personally i don’t want to see firestone shift into a party based state however i doubt that the introduction of parties is even gonna change anything

3 Likes

In Firestone, we don’t even use political parties and they are very much useless.

3 Likes

I agree with the prevention of a party based system; this forum post is merely designed as a discussion starter to prevent anything from happening, however unlikely it may be.

3 Likes

Yeah, parties are pointless

3 Likes

Once again, although it may not be an issue now, this post is meant to curb any notion of it happening later on down the road.

4 Likes

Regardless of parties existing or not, de facto coalitions will still exist so it doesn’t make a difference either way.

3 Likes

no one even uses parties anymore

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes