A smart gesture from Mayflower

I just saw this announcement from Mayflower

Apparently we too have a significant amount of real affiliates of healthcare and emergency services, but I haven’t seen any announcement providing them with a proper leave of absence. Maybe I missed out, I don’t know.

Even though it’s obvious, it’s just great to assure that those who are in the field don’t need to worry about filling in logs when their skills are needed in the real world.

Personally I’d do this in the National Guard for assurance, but having this announcement from the Governor would put more minds at ease, ensuring no one needs to worry about getting fired (because we’re weird like that).

3 Likes

require proof of employment
NG military ID, police/ fire/ medical badges, etc
of course with appropriate censorship but going so far as to prove who they work for would be fine
otherwise this is just going to be “firestone emergency services exercise social distancing by not joining the county at all”

3 Likes

My clinical time for my EMT-B starts in about 2 weeks.

My parents are thinking about renting an apartment for me so that I can self quarantine before I rejoin them (might happen but I doubt it will).

2 Likes

But yes I do know of a lot of people in SCFD/FNG that are firefighters in the real world and I think that we should give them a leave of absence should they request it.

2 Likes

dont see the reason of this, in all respect, if they need to have time off they can file a LOA.

2 Likes

Fed said people can loa I believe

2 Likes

3 Likes

this is if you get it the virus.

not throwing shade, but i feel like in some departments if you requested a leave for this you’d just get a “wElL iF yOu cAnT dEdiCatE tiMe ThEN leAVE!” which is honestly utter bullshit because as first responders it’s not really our choice.

6 Likes

I’m talking about an LoA ideally approved from the Governor, so if some department high command twat tries talking about your activity, you’ve at least got back-up.

5 Likes

most LOAs are accepted, very rarely that one isn’t accepted anyway

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes