A poll on "An Amendment to C.II.XIV"

Hello everyone! I’m Representative Tor_Laws, the person who proposed “An Amendment to C.II.XIV”. Recently I’ve gotten a lot feedback and criticism, which I really appreciate. So I have decided to make a poll on it to get the opinion of the public. But before I do so I’ll tell a few things to keep in mind:

1. I do not take away the power of the courts to seal any records of a convicted person, but rather make a second way of getting your record gone. I do apperciate the courts efforts, but their powers and reasoning for sealing records are very few and limited.
  2. Boards handling pardons are very common in many states in the United States, this amendment will make our state even more realistic.
  3. I do not make the Governor lose all control over pardons. While his/her vote only casts as one the Governor can veto any pardons, denying them. So the Governor still has powers.
  4. I included the Attorney General. The reasoning for this is that he/she is a legal expert who is useful to have on such board. The Attorney General only have a vote who counts as one, so if the rest of the board is for a pardon he/she cannot do anything about it.
  5. The board is “too small”. The board consists of the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, the Attorney General and three others appointed by the Governor, which is six people all together. The courts aren’t that big either yet they are able to handle 60k people’s demands in court in a fair time. I don’t think the amount of board members will ever be a problem.

The amendment itself is here: An Amendment to C.II.XIV

While keeping what I’ve said above in your mind, here’s the vote:
(Do not you cannot see who voted nor the results before you vote, this is to ensure I get your honest vote, not anyone else’s).

• I support this amendment.
  • If it get a few changes I’d could support it.
  • I don’t care whenever it passes or not- doesn’t affect me.
  • I don’t support this amendment.

0 voters

Thank you for voting! My DMs are open for any civil conversation or discussion.

I know I have a typo in the poll, but the forum won’t let me fix it.

1 Like

Got a few typos, were on my phone. Forum won’t let me edit the post nor the poll, sorry for that.

1 Like

Here’s a correction of some typos from my phone, the forum won’t let me correct it so here is it if anyone’s confused.

Is supposed to say “You cannot see who voted nor the results before you vote, this is to ensure I get your honest vote, not anyone else’s”

Poll option “If it get a few changes I’d could support it.” is supposed to say “If it gets a few changes I may support it”.

Would be nice if @DannyboyJurist or @Chill_Bunniez used their moderator powers to correct those typos. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You make him lose power in his pardon, this power should only be kept with the Governor and should be decided by him and not a small group of people who weren’t elected to make choices of pardon. The current system we have for pardons works and it works perfectly fine with the Governor giving the pardon with reason and the courts deciding if it is valid

3 Likes

lol ngl I crack up every time you say “I” like its some dictatorship or something lmao

promise its just a meme nothing more!! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey look even after a whole explanation and poll this idea is still retarded

1 Like

Hail the great leader

Just a meme right?

1 Like

uwu owo

1 Like

i got you

edit: NVM
https://gyazo.com/095f301cfc80933ab72f418fa1f328df

1 Like

Oof, corrected the information at least.

1 Like

This amendment is uneccesary.

1 Like

Voting closes tomorrow, I will act based on the results.

1 Like

The poll has shown the opinion of the public, therefore I have retired the amendment. Even though I am sad to do it since it would bring more realism to the state, I am a representative of the public and therefore act based on what the public want, which was this amendment to get retired.

@DannyboyJurist @Chill_Bunniez lock thread thanks

1 Like

OP Request

1 Like