A petition to create a New Life rule

The new life rule is quite a disputed area within Firestone. Some people want it added, others don’t. People don’t see the full use of this rule. The idea of a new life rule is to stop people who may have just been killed by someone else from running up to LEO’s and saying ‘x’ killed me. ‘x’ is in a ‘y’ car which is ‘z’ color with the plate of ‘a’. That quite ruins the RP as then the LEO can BOLO the suspect if sufficient evidence is provided. The other use of this rule would be in shootouts. It isn’t fair on the shooter who just got killed by an LEO to then be swarmed the second they respawn. In this case. Sufficient evidence should be provided and a criminal case should be filed with the courts. This ensures that the roleplay within the game is kept at a standard that allows everyone to enjoy the game. - Another area I’d like to cover with the new life rule is warrants. When a player is arrested for a warrant, if there is a visual identity that shows that and that players name then they can be arrested again. This is abuse of the system and ruins the experience for that player if LEO’s are rolling up and arresting them for a warrant. While the NLR doesn’t really fit into this place at all. A side rule should be made that creates a timer from that person is being arrested for. This means that any BOLO’s on that player should be removed and the arresting LEO should state “player has been arrested for x time and cannot be arrested for y time due to their warrant” or something similar into their radio. Share your opinions in the comments and also take part in this poll too!
Thanks!
Alex.

• Yes a NLR should be added
  • No a NLR shouldn’t be added

0 voters

2 Likes

No NLR is fun

2 Likes

so ez to oof the no new life rule, just run behind a building as soon as you spawn.

2 Likes

AKA, I LTAA / RTAA you can’t arrest me!

3 Likes

I would say,

Yes, add it, however only allow the NLR rule to be in effect when an officer kills a citizen.

Additionally, you would need support from two areas.

Firstly, you would need support from the developers, or fed.

Then after that, you would have to make a law about NLR, after developers already approved.

Also, NLR would not apply to court cases (courts can still charge someone after NLR)

3 Likes

The NLR gets complicated. I mean yeah there’s always the stipulation of “no resetting, suicide, etc. or it doesn’t count.” But that has, in my experience, been a pain to deal with. People will claim they died by being killed, or flew into space, etc. It’s just a pain in the ass for everyone involved.

3 Likes

It’s not fair when a criminal shoots up half the server and leads us on a 45 minute chase only to die by us and not face consequences.

No NLR was Fed’s statement, good luck getting that overruled.

People can also lie when we see them saying they died by another player… say we didn’t believe them and they actually did with proof (but withhold), and try to get us banned; or say we do believe them and they lied, getting away with 10 murders.

4 Likes

The only thing I see is that cops should not arrest people as soon as they spawn after they killed them.

2 Likes

@DannyboyJurist thats why in my idea we should have it only when officers kill them

2 Likes

Only way I’d implement NLR is if you get killed by a cop it resets. That’s it. No reset, suicide, civ kills, strictly cop kills. Easiest way to track it.

5 Likes

I agree that it is easy to track then but it still means that someone could just reset while being kidnapped or could respawn after being murdered and then run crying to the LEO’s to arrest them.

2 Likes

The reason you said makes sense, but I think it’s just an excuse to log.

2 Likes

Here is the issue people can simply say that they were murdered or got into a fatal accident. Also, if someone commits a crime that involves murder in the 1st, etc they are most likely just going to do the same thing over and over. There is no cool down on shootings so this would allow for criminals to get shot to avoid time in jail. This would require people to be honest at all times.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s gonna be a negative chief, we tried that in V1 and it fucked so hard

2 Likes

I agree with an NLR, but I think the only time when it can be broken is when a suspect kills an officer. The reason why is because when the officer calls out about shots fired, other officers know, and if the officer dies, he just becomes another “responding officer.”

2 Likes

That is not what we are talking about here. We are talking about civs being killed and then being arrested after death for a crime they committed before that life.

2 Likes

I’d like to agree with this, but I’m going to have to strongly disagree with this.

As former Governor of the failed State of Docklands, the development team implemented a “new life rule”. The criminals within the state took advantage of this rule and caused complete and utter chaos amongst the community.

I strongly advise you to rethink your decision on the implementation of this.

2 Likes

Don’t follow in the steps of Docklands, as you can see: the State of Docklands is dead… don’t kill Firestone with stupid policies and legislation.

Criminal activity raises the activity, but criminal activity would also be the death of the group. Think about it.

2 Likes

eh

Mayflower NLR works well considering it only has officer to criminal NLR

2 Likes

I’m leaving the poll open for 6 more hours. If no more votes are made I will close the poll

(Note to self === No - 67 \ Yes - 33)

2 Likes