A New City on a Smaller Island (V3)

As you can see in the rough sketch I made, you notice a new island with Arborfield’s bay at the bottom. I will go through a new piece of land that can be added later on in v3 full release.

The City of Southside (Placeholder name) has two junctions. One with a more upbeat Manhattan style (left of the island) and the other that looks like the wrong part of town (right of the island). The way you enter is through a tunnel under water that would lead to a main strip of the end of the highway considering we don’t have that type of thing on the main island itself. Another way to get there is through the train system which would be subway systems and railway system aboveground. Anyway, let’s discuss the features this new city may have.

Right Side: The right side will have the paintball stadium along with other skyscrapers that are for bigger businesses (example CGF, SPG, etc.) and also would include malls and bigtime shops with big name restaurants. Banks and jewelry stores would also be present in this part of the town as well as the Firestone Outfitters Office Complex. A new City PD along with SCFD and EMS would be present in that area which will be discussed later. Alongside a warehouse that has been abandoned due to the company who owned that warehouse moved to the Stapleton County Port.

Left Side: The left side is the more rundown sector of the city with high crime rates with many buildings littered with graffiti. Paws would spawn only in that section of the city if it’s possible making the weapons and other illegal necessities cheaper ($100 for a handgun, $50 for a knife, $75 for a drill) but the catch is, the materials wouldn’t be as powerful compared to what you may find in the main v3 island. The police department will also be stationed on that side due to high crime rates as discussed.

Now, buses and taxis would be more common in the city as there will be many people who rely on public transportation. Used car dealerships will be common but the durability of each vehicle isn’t high because who knows used them last.

What about living spaces? They weren’t specified!

I know I know, that would be an important factor. You see, there will be apartment complexes in the areas to make life in the city. If you prefer living somewhere such as Redwood, Arborfield, or Prominence, then you can move there. Search warrants can be conducted there by local pd or FBI considering those two departments would be the only ones relating to such warrants.

Okay so now we know that I keep talking about this pd which may bring curiosity, so what is it?

Southside City Police Department: The Southside City Police Department is in charge of providing safety to the public. The uniforms they would have would be the classic police blue color with a “city-style” PD uniform cap. Like other police departments, this department would need a fleet of vehicles. They would have a Crown Vic, Taurus, Explorer, and F-150 bedcapped along with their own patrol helis. They do have the ability to patrol on foot but if a vehicle pursuit happens, well that’s self explanatory. This department would need an air support as FSP’s ASU would handle the rest of the state since well FSP ASU is stationed in Prom and Redwood sorry ASU lol. Alongside this, they would handle the FPE since real life police explorer programs are in bigger townships and cities.

SCFD: Did I mention the apartment complexes can catch fire? Guess not. Well they would so there would be the need of SCFD to branch out in the city. They would primarily use ladder trucks since these buildings aren’t small houses lol. Local PD can assist by keeping the crowd under control.

EMS: Doesn’t SCFD handle ambulances? Yes they do but since DOH has paramedics and their style of ambulances, why not utilize them? They’d have their own station and be called out if a 911 call was issued regarding medical situations self explanatory.

Other necessities that had not been mentioned nor added onto the map that can be possible;
Well the city needs a city hall for a new mayor and well a city center for when Christmas comes, a Christmas tree is put up and all that fun stuff. Finally, a toll booth can be added as well for “tolls.”

Okay well since I put up my ideas for a city, let’s discuss a few arguments that may come to place.
“It’s gonna give us lag!” lady scream intensifies
Well, not all buildings will have interiors and there can be less buildings than the ones in the diagram I made.

“That is one small city.”
The main v3 map should be bigger, the city island itself should be 25-50% smaller than the v2 map.

“No need for an island, you can just merge it into the main island.”
No, it’ll ruin the purpose for ferries which can be used from the island to somewhere like Redwood.

Alrighty, anyway I think this would benefit the game and it’s popularity because it’ll benefit crims, fresh POST certs, DOT, FBI, DOH, businesses, FSP as they can patrol the tunnel, and SCFD. It would be nice to see somewhere that’s dedicated to a bunch of skyscrapers and more of a major city kind of area. Let me know what your thoughts may be but also consider this would be when V3 is at full release later down the line. Again, Southside is a city template name I made up.

3 Likes

This would be incredibly hard to police and it would make response times even longer. Not viable

1 Like

and no

That’s the reason behind two police stations in the city, there would be a good number of local police on, consider that SCSO can enter if less than 5 officers are in the city. Consider that the city isn’t really big either so it wouldn’t take a long time. Maybe if possible for 911 calls to get waypoint markers to the destination if they have a minimap? It would help get through the roadways with that feature

Don’t want to say this is a terrible idea but, with the state V3 is in and how they’re having studio issues already, this definitely won’t help and when a solution is found on the ROBLOX side or Studio side, this may put them back in the same situation.

1 Like

True, but since this could be considered lets say further down full release which could be from a year or two or even up to three years so issues can be resolved. Making this city a thing in V3 now means the further delay of V3