A little thing about mental health

good message lad

3 Likes

i remember when i was 13 and resigned as sheriff i broke out into literal tears. amazing what a stupid gaming platform can do. literally lived a stress inducing life being a roblox sheriff at 13; don’t take roblox too seriously, there is no benefit. life is more important

o7 dan peace <3

7 Likes

I literally do the same and I understand you, shit sucks

3 Likes

When I resigned as FSP Major I was upset, and even now I look back all the way to Norfolk and early Firestone with nostalgia and seeing how much I enjoyed it.

I don’t regret a single thing with Roblox. Now granted, I never let it consume me, but I enjoyed it and made great memories and friends. This platform made me who I am today. I still made good grades, held a social life, and balanced a video game I enjoyed.

It’s what you make of it.

5 Likes

I wish there was a rank in the group where you can be a LEO for like a break but not have to keep up with it during the school year. Kinda like the prior reserve system for SCFD.

6 Likes

You spoke literal facts man, so many of us are struggling and as you said, use this as a distraction. Rather that be for mental health, family, or overall issues we all do it. This worlds fucked up and filled of fucked up people, y’know it sucks when people are dicks to you, you hop in fs or go on the discord just to chill and then someone who has no idea what you’re dealing with comes and ruins it or is just bluntly toxic.

anyways dan we had our ups and down but mad respect for what you’re doing

keep focusing on life and leave this in the dust is really all I have to say.

12 Likes

Respect to you mate

2 Likes

first of all, nicely said!! ive always wanted to do smth like this, but people unfortunately don’t take me too serious sometimes. regardless, i just wanted to share a bit of my own experience !!

since i come from a family that grew up where mental health was seen as taboo, it was hard for me to first learn abt mental health, and realize that i, like many others, was using the internet as an escape.

i know some people question my attitude or behavior in general…but that’s legit just who i am. i’ll always try my best to be nice to everyone, include everyone as much as possible, or, on the flip side, argue abt issues im passionate abt. as some people have mentioned above, this platform has many ups and downs! and, i know for me, it helped me to be more confident in my ideas and ultimately come out of my shell more.

have a good day y’all :t_rex: stay cool

12 Likes

o7 and tyfys to the state. even though i really never interacted with you, you’ve probably changed the state for the better.

this post is facts. everything about it. ppl sometimes just brush off their own mental health - and others. def an eye opener for some people (including me)

ty once again :salute:

4 Likes

o7 dan

2 Likes

Firestone is one of those communities where the toxicity has built up to the point where if anyone tries to resolve it, including us in the administrative level, it would prove to be extremely difficult to do so. The community has grown to the point where if something needs to be changed, the masses will need to begin the movement to do so. Everyone that participates in the community don’t realize how much they are invested in it until they sit down for a few moments and realize how much they actually contribute. Most normal people will sit down and realize how toxic the community is and how much they have contributed to it (such as you and literally everyone else who creates a retirement thread), but by that time it is too late. You have already added fuel to the fire or you just ignored the fire on the side, whichever side you picked. This fire has grown to the point where you can not take it out but you just need to let it burn.

Unfortunately, we don’t know how long it will burn for nor can we try to slow it down. As long as the community keeps growing and as long as the game is open, people will invest time and money into it trying to be the better end of everyone. This will of course affect many people’s mental health, but unfortunately for many this is an escape from their real worlds. Some people who are unfortunate in the real world tend to let out their anger in a Roblox game since nothing real can happen in return. Others just want to find peace and tranquility. There are many small groups of people present within Firestone that range from a toxic ego group of people to just those that want to chill and relax. None of these people truly know who they are and what they really present to the community until they sit down and think about it. By then, like I have mentioned, it is too late.

Mental health is pretty important and many people should be aware of what it is and what it can do. Unfortunately, as much as I hate to say this, Firestone is not the place for you to go seek better mental health. It will simply just make it worse until you self-reflect. Until the fire burns out, there is nothing I can do nor can anyone in the higher end of the political field. A simple announcement won’t fix this nor will any serious conversation on this forums or the Discord. Wish you the best of luck.

31 Likes

That’s mostly because the people that need to listen or be involved in that conversation will either refuse to or defend themselves to the point they’ve created a WW1 Battlezone, Trench lines and all. I don’t feel like I have, or will ever be, one of these people. When I made my first retirement thread, I believed that I was seriously hated by those in the Community I loved and cared for so much, and to be comeptely fair, I was in a period in my life where I had major trust issues and thought that everyone from my friends to my entire grade hated me. When I came back a few months later, having grown and mellowed out a little I realized it was just all inside my head.

I like to think that, a lot of, not only Roblox, but Video Game communities in General are very toxic because of their day to day lives and how their head is wired at that point in time.

6 Likes

So some of you may know me as the stupid politician (which i’ll happily admit to because you aren’t wrong) but yes this post indeed has merit. Recently my mental health has kinda gone down the shitter and I’ve taken LOA in all of my positions for 2 weeks until I can decide how to enjoy my time in the state without getting screamed at by toxic fire medics or know-it-all BCA’s. I honestly plan on going back to the departments which made me actually like my time in the state (that being dot and scfd).

Most deffinetely, as envelope said, toxicity in this community has developed to be a major problem but we obviously aren’t equipped to deal with it. We have literally made a nation out of teenagers.

So yes, toxicity is a problem. MY advice? Well if you ever notice something bad going on in your life or your appeal to join v2 is just slowly fading (as it recently has for me) just take an LOA and take a step back for a bit. You’ll be better off because of it (i hope).

Have a good day friends <3

5 Likes

you’re right but if i’m honest, i didn’t care about making a “retirement” thread - a few people will care, most won’t, it’s roblox - but more about speaking of mental health and highlighting how truly important i believe it is

the fact that this thread has grown to a place where people feel they can share their experiences with roblox & mental health is super great

i’d hate to agree but i have to on this… the toxicity of some people, groups and between various groups has become too much to get rid of

you can kick out one person but you’ll get backlash from 10 others for doing the right thing

that being said, as ur beloved game moderator, if i am in v2 and see a person being super toxic and/or verbally abusive, i’ll remove them from the game because i won’t waste the ability to help and maintain an enjoyable experience

pls no fire me x

5 Likes

exactly! u shouldn’t ever be putting a game over ur own health, it’ll only make things worse even if they feel “better” for a few hours a day

3 Likes

Well said, agreed. One of the biggest reasons I resigned and went criminal was because I was starting to get stressed and my life would reflect off of it.

2 Likes

Wow, some of you guys are very serious (Im not even joking) I

2 Likes

think about being 13 and running a department. Lol.

1 Like

the biggest issue is that people who are already mentally fucked (sorry for the bad language but its true) use firestone as a escape from their already bad lives. firestone just makes it worse for them without even realizing it. i grew up being bullied without even realizing it. our friend group (the BOYSSSSSSSS) literally would rip each other apart everyday and literally made us all mentally numb from toxicity to each other since we literally grew up with it. its amazing what can happen when you reflect back on what influenced you when you were growing up.

anyone that uses firestone as a escape from their reality, I hope you can reflect on the community to see what it really does to you. there are not many people on this platform that i would ever trust enough and count as real friends. i hope your life gets better but please have some self realizaiton and reflect on what your life really is. firestone after all, is a game.

11 Likes

i was a 13-year-old county executive and I made you sheriff, another 13 year old, I took things way to literally and seriously back then!

6 Likes