A Joint Resolution to Fix the Motion to Call the House

H. J. Res. 3

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

JUNE 7, 2022

Mr. CITYUSER (for himself and Mr. DOJODOG_2004) submitted the following resolution:

JOINT RESOLUTION

To fix the motion to call the house.

Whereas Redwood City Council Chairman DOJODOG_2004 discovered that the Redwood City Council sessional motion to call the council compelled the absence, not the presence, of missing councilmembers; and

Whereas it was discovered that the motion to call the house in the Joint Congressional Standing Rules has this same error: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Firestone in Congress assembled, That

SEC 1. ENACTMENT.

This Resolution shall go into effect upon the completion of the constitutionally required processes.

SEC 2. DEFINITIONS.

For the purposes of this Resolution, the ‘Joint Standing Rules’ shall be defined as this as established by A Joint Resolution to Implement Joint Standing Rules.

SEC 3. AMENDMENTS.

(a) Rule I of the Joint Standing Rules shall be amended.

(i) Motion 14 in Rule I of the Joint Standing Rules currently states: “To call the house (2nd required + supermajority) – compel the absence of all online members of the house in session not present within the chamber, this includes those online and not in-game.”

(ii) Motion 14 in Rule I of the Joint Standing Rules shall be amended to state: “To call the house (2nd required + supermajority) – compels the presence of all online members of the house in session not present within the chamber, this includes those online and not in-game.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.