A change to FDOA (public opinion post)

Ok so basically my idea which is 90% for implementation in v3 is to allow FDOA to issue licenses (which they already do) but not require them to be employed within FDOA in order to fly… allowing for businesses to hire pilots or host tours, etc.

What do you prefer?
  • Keep it the same
  • Change it to a license without being employed

0 voters

4 Likes

While I agree with this generally, people shouldn’t be allowed to just fly around for fun “per se”. They would use the DOA-provided helicopter but could use it to host tours, do news covers, and anything else the DOA seems fit as well as landing in other places apart from the heliports.

The current restrictions imposed by Fed on DOA are ridiculous and have literally 0 reason behind them.

7 Likes

maybe some way of incorporating required pre-set flight plans that are approved by the DOA?

3 Likes

already asked fed about new private helicopter companies like you described and he said no

2 Likes

Yeah good luck getting fed to agree with this.

3 Likes

Nope nope and nope.

For as much as we could certify anyone and everyone, we wouldn’t be able to effectively look over businesses. There’s also been a ruling prior to this where “NO aviation business is to receive a licence” this is along with any space business. Nice in concept, can’t be done properly.

@thekerbal For as much as I agree, DOA can still technically do “tours”, flying a route with no stops between Arborfield and Prom grants passengers the ability to see most of the County. I’ve been on the last few nights trying to perfect the route to take so that people see a solid chunk of the county, but slowly it becomes dependent on graphics settings, time of day, and weather.

2 Likes

A. cant help businesses (fedlaw)
B. cant fly anwhere except between the two heliports (fedlaw)
C. while it would be epic if more people could fly, and we could achieve this right now if we wanted, not everyone in the state SHOULD fly and that is why it is a very sacred honor to be granted a rotorcraft pilots license

3 Likes

Plus, 4 Helis in the air at any moment as per Fedlaw.

2 Likes

3 Likes

DOA can still technically do “tours”, flying a route with no stops between Arborfield and Prom

Direct route

Never said it wasn’t a direct route that still takes you above FS numbnuts

2 Likes

support, i have no idea why fed just says no to shit that would be great… :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Kinda feels like you’re saying this just because you’re in DOA and don’t want people outside of DOA to get near helicopters…

4 Likes

If that were true, and you know how I am with being blunt, I would’ve just said “I don’t want those bloody outsiders near my helis”. My concern isn’t with pilots, it’s with accountability, something DOA is working on and with relevant entities to deal with already. But go off sis.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t accountability be the responsibility of the DOA – wouldn’t it give DOA more to do? I’m not attacking you, just genuinely confused about your argumentation

4 Likes

Just for reference, the secretary supports this

2 Likes

No Helicopter Crash RPs

Rest in peace to the Air Safety Bureau

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes