A Call for WHAT THE HELL IS THIS (dhs)

last thing; you understood it enough to put in the correct answers so these “mistakes” clearly dont have any impact .

who are you again?

who cares

I personally spend about two hours on any application. If I were to apply to DHS I would probably include 2-3 paragraph responses to each open-ended question.

2 Likes

sav for real, just stop

Thank you. Applications will be closed by tomorrow morning heads up.

1 Like

@airplane1221 know. I don’t have enough expierence. I’m looking to get into SCSO: SWAT first and build my resume from that. Same with FNG.

Some of the errors do make a big difference to the application, for example, question 13 looks pretty messed up. But in general, I understand all of the questions to a reasonable degree as in, enough to answer them thoroughly.

I understand you wanted the attention to come to this issue, to fix the application, but making a passive aggressive forum post isn’t the way to do it. The Deputy Secretary’s point of applicants understand the applications still stands as, clearly, people did understand it and did infact answer the questions with a good amount of effort. Those very same people will be selected for hiring depending on other factors.

You also seem to be glorifying DHS when you were around, you think the department has gone into decline. “I love DHS but this makes me question what it has become.”

I argue, as a former DHS member you would know how important keeping things in house is. That is the sole reason we remain one of the most reputable departments in Firestone. A quick DM to any of the admissions staff (or high command - as you have amazing relations with all of them, as you’ve shown) would be much easier and wouldn’t create this mess.

If you’re trying to prevent people from misunderstanding questions, I really don’t see what benefit you’ve done as your application was still denied and all you’ve told us to do is fix the grammatical errors and what not. This forum post isn’t necessary.

4 Likes

I admitted to me being rude

So you’re mad about your application being denied?

This is a really petty way to express discontent. There are definitely worse things in this state than a few grammatical errors.

4 Likes

Im confused on what exactly this is…

and why it matters…?

Right, I’ve also applied and perfectly understood the application. I was able to answer each question with about 3-4 sentences if not more, then my question is: What’s your argument exactly?

Imagine getting your application declined so you go on a multi-paragraph rant showing random conversations and a grammatical error, oh wait, I don’t to imagine it because you’ve done that.

1 Like

do grammar mistakes in an application form reflect unprofessionally on dhs? yes
should you have simply dm’d a hicomm member instead of writing this post? also yes

1 Like

By doing this, your chances of being accepted into DHS just slightly went down.

i would apply but i just got into scfd

Many words

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.