XxSoruceLawXx for County Executive

Hello, I’m XxSoruceLawXx and I’m running for County Executive of Stapleton County within the great State of Firestone. This is really my first time getting involved in Ro-State politics. I’ve been involved with medical/fire as well as law enforcement but not really government. I joined Firestone back in like 2020 and I have tried out for a few departments. I believe the State of Firestone has a great future as well as Stapleton County under my leadership. I have an understanding of how Ro-State politics work and lots.of experience with leadership in other communities outside of Firestone. It’s time we seek change in Stapleton.

My plans as County Executive:

1. I plan to talk to local business owners who operate within Stapleton County and make there voices heard…I want to be sure that each business owner will be satisfied, feel safe and feel comfortable operating in Stapleton County as well as equipped our business owners with the necessary tools and assets they need to effectively and efficiently run their business in a safe and smooth manner.

2. I will keep City-County relations at bay. For this county to run smoothly, it will need to have a stable and healthy relationship with the cites within. I’ll talk to the Mayors of Redwood and Abrofied to see what they’d like to see from my administration and how I can best support them.

3. SCSO and SCFD have had some ups and downs recently. I.plan to talk to both of their sep heads separately and see what we can accomplish and get a good understanding of how my administration can help their departments and what they’d like to see from my administration.

4. I will work with the County Council to push my legislative agenda through the council. I will nominate a strong and experienced candidate for Council Chairperson.

Stapleton County needs a new leader who knows what they’re doing. Who will listen to what the residents want. Who is a strong and experienced leader. Well if I’m elected to serve as your next County Executive, I will make sure all these things happen!

1 Like

You’ve admitted this is your first go at governance in the state since you join, so I commend you for that.

But that brings up a couple questions. Do you know what the purpose of the County Executive even is, do you know what duties they possess, and do you know what their powers are? What have you done that shows you’re capable of executing those duties? Furthermore; do you know how to legislate? Do you know how the county actually functions, how its structured in relation to the rest of the Firestone government, and do you know how to actually write a bill? In order to be a good CE, I feel like these are basic questions any candidate should be able to give a proper answer to.

Furthermore, your campaign suffers a couple similar downfalls like one of your competitors. For one; theres no real background information about you. You put down when you joined, which is a start. But that departments have you served in and in what positions? What certifications do you have? What notable accomplishments do you have? Secondly; while you do touch on how you’ll accomplish your goals, I feel you don’t portray an accurate representation as to how you’ll actually accomplish your campaign goals. What will you do to ensure business owners feel safe operating in Stapleton County, for example?

Like I recommend all newcomers to politics do, I suggest you run for County Council first to get some first hand experience actually being a government official, writing bills etc, and so you can learn first-hand how the county actually operates compared to the state and the municipalities.

2 Likes

No support. I suggesting running for a County or Municipal office first and working your way up.

2 Likes

Hi! Thanks for vocing your concerns to me.

Q. Do you know what the purpose of the County Executive even is, do you know what duties they possess, and do you know what their powers are?
A: Yes, I do know what duties they pose and what the powers of the County Executive is. There powers is to serve as the Head of the Stapleton County Government and has the duties to ensure that any law within this great County are executed faithfully as well as revoking or modifying Executive Orders or Memorandums. They also have other duties as prescribed and laid out to them in the county charter such as singing/approving any laws presented to them.

Q. What have you done that shows you’re capable of executing those duties?
A: I’d you’re talking about in the great State of Firestone, really nothing as of yet. However this still doesn’t mean I am not eligible or have a low chance at success in office.

Q. do you know how to legislate? Do you know how the county actually functions, how its structured in relation to the rest of the Firestone government.
A: Yes I do, infact the county functions within the State of Firestone as a primary local government for Stapleton County. It’s structured to be the main government body of Stapleton County and to work closely with the city and state government. In terms of knowing how to legislate, I’ve gotten basic insight of how to legislate and stuff.

Q. do you know how to actually write a bill?
A. Yes, I’ve watched the procress of writing a bill from within another community I was originally involved in with their government. I also know how to title a bill, etc.

To answer some of your other questions, I’m committed into exploring ways to hunkering down on crime to make it easier for business owners to operate within our community it’s an issue to have people being allowed access to counters and employee only areas being able to commit crimes they wish. I will propose to the council legislation to fix issues like that.

I served in Department of Public Works as a Trainee for a short period of time.

1 Like

This doesn’t mean I don’t have the chance to have a successful term in office and actually accomplish things, take the Governor who I admire, they have no prior experience but was elected to the highest office in the State of Firestone. We need to learn to accept those who may not have much experience as they could turn out to have a very successful career and being a good leader.

1 Like

support

1 Like

Although she did not have the same amount of experience as some other previous Governors, she was Speaker Pro Tempore, served 2 terms in the House of Representatives, and was Clerk of the House of Representatives. So she did have previous experience in the State level. I don’t believe unexperienced candidates should start running for such as high office as CE just because the Governors ran without much experience.

3 Likes

I understand your point, however just because I don’t have much experience and the Governor doesn’t, that doesn’t mean I still cannot run.

1 Like

support, why not have a ce that isnt necessarily voted for just based off of their influence in the state.

4 Likes

Absolutely not

1 Like

What is your legislative agenda?

1 Like

Well I previously mentioned how I would like to pass legislation to make business owners and employees feel safe while operating in Stapleton County.

I’m sure that every business owner can relate to how any civilian can walk behind the counter and commit any crimes they wish. I could propose a bill to Council to solve that issue such as a bill named “Business Safety Act of 2023” which would require all businesses operating in the County to have better secured employee only areas.

1 Like

Thank you! I agree, State of Firestone needs new faces in leadership. I believe that this community should learn to accept those who are the better candidate even though they may not have any achievements or accomplishments yet. I always try to empower those who are new to Ro-State politics to try and take risks even if it means you fail the first time.

1 Like

How do you plan to legislate better business security

1 Like

The thing is, he has 0 experience in municipal or county politics of any sort

1 Like

Experience always matters, why elect someone who just joined and has no political experience at all? I would rather vote for someone who has experience because they have the knowledge to actually properly perform their duties.

You need Firestone experience first before you run for something like CE. I suggest running for the Redwood City Council just like me and countless others as its by far the best and most competent council and you will learn a lot.

1 Like

Yes we do need new faces but they need to start of small and gain the knowledge and experience just like everyone else. I started off in the Redwood City Council and then I gradually started running for higher offices.

1 Like

You are the County Executive, not the County Chairman. You cannot propose legislation, you can work with Council members but you cannot propose a piece of legislation since you dont have that power. This is why I am telling you to run for a municipal council. You seem pretty competent, start off small and go for bigger and better things.

1 Like

CE can propose legislation, they just cant vote on it unless to break a tie as the presiding officer

(A.i.G Stapleton County Charter)

3 Likes

While I commend you for wanting to start your time in politics, I recommend you start off as a County Councilman as well as a Municipal Councilman to get some experience under your belt. Propose and pass some legislation so you learn how to do it properly, and so you can beef up your resume a bit. Learn how the processes work and the structure and relationships of each body of government. I also recommend earning a POST certification (if you dont already have one) as, while I could be wrong, I believe EVERY CE in the past 2+ years has had one (after all you should know how to be a cop if you’re gonna be in charge of running law enforcement agencies.) Perhaps even take it a bit further and join SCSO or a municipal pd so you gain some experience enforcing law as well. One term is only 4 months, that’s a fair amount of time to learn the ropes if you play your cards right (POST classes are only a month long) especially with the summer starting.

1 Like