Will anybody actually use the VC feature?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

what vc feature

and you messed up the poll, you can pick two options

3 Likes

Check the Firestone announcements.

3 Likes

show me, im banned

3 Likes

I know, people should have common sense to pick just one. It wouldn’t work either way for me, lmao.

3 Likes

Alright, DMs.

3 Likes

It really depends on the people, in other games this works perfectly.

4 Likes

NO MAYBE OPTION!

2 Likes

This is Firestone. I lowkey dont see why we have to copy and take what SV has implemented.

4 Likes

I would personally just continue using text as it’s fine the way it is.

4 Likes

Of course! But here’s where my argument comes into play;

You simply just can’t compel this on Firestone individuals. I don’t think people will be comfortable and sometimes people just don’t feel like talking. Plus, Firestone LEOs may be banned from the main Discord. Or, some players may not even be in the main Discord.

I feel like if Firestone was smaller, this would be doable.

5 Likes

I’m sorry!

3 Likes

Yep. It’s been working for years, why change now?

4 Likes

hell yeah why wouldnt i just scream in vc and its a diy flashbang

5 Likes

We need conxtro back! he will set down the rules for VC rp for criminals!!!

5 Likes

I personally do not want someone who has been banned from the game 10 times, kicked 17 times, left to avoid arrest 2 times and created an alt to bypass his ban. I’d like people who are able to follow game rules.

6 Likes

For context

4 Likes

I’m going to be real, I don’t see myself voice chat RPing. Firestone has 0 separation between In character and out of character. I wish I could see these calls going the way they’re meant to, but I see a lot of abuse to come from this. This isn’t a problem for just firestone, VC RP in PUBLIC games always have this problem, whether it’s GTA, ROBLOX, GMOD or whatever else. This stuff isn’t mandatory to play, but I do see it being used to troll officers, and other members of the community.

3 Likes

Contact VCs are seen as ‘in-character’ as per fedlaw.

Other discord behaviours (with some exceptions, especially in civil cases) are always seen as out of character as per RP rules.

3 Likes

RP rules, no offense to fed, or anyone else here are pretty lax, the thing is we’re moving towards mixing OOC stuff with IC stuff like the voice chat, once you do that it’s going to open a bunch of doors that creates questions, holes, etc in current law and so fourth as it’s not structured to handle VC situations really.

I understand fedlaw deems them RP, that doesn’t remove the huge huge huge potential for troll crims to just waste cops times, among other things. This isn’t a whitelist community, which means anyone can make an account, make a fake discord, and get to trolling cops, or anyone else doing in game chat without really any problems. Even if they’re banned they can be back the next day(as long as they’re not pushing for positions that will get them noticed) it’s not something that’s a stranger to firestone literally a week or two ago we found jef doing cases on an alt. That’s my only real concern, that and the interactions between adults and kids via VC

4 Likes