Why are other units so reliant on tactical units

ok so i get it, you call swat/crt for hostage situations and/or major calls

but this is the fucking thing, if you literally have a hostage situation and the server is full, you’re going to be waiting a hell of a long time for tactical units to show up

a prime example of this would be today when I (pt) was going to station at scmc. so basically i saw fsp chasing this one dude with an ak47. so somehow his tires get popped and my partner gets flung (for pt) and its just me and the other units. i run up to the barricades fsp setup and got behind one of them- the guy is literally saying how he’s going to kill ppl and the troopers are literally fucking sitting there waiting for instruction. they didn’t even start shit until i started yelling out demands to the driver ‘get out’ ‘hands up’ etc. which is honestly bullshit considering the fact that im not even supposed to be responding to calls

eventually he takes the driver hostage and starts telling us to move back- now this is normal and you should meet demands- but they didnt. i literally had to go on radio and say ‘meet his demands’ before they even started to move their cars back (he told us to move away)

the driver disconnects and the guy starts running w/ an ak47 pointed at us- we literally fucking chase him before i open fire, which one of the troopers should’ve done immediately when given the chance

like im sitting at the prison gate rn and im reading radio, which is literally full of ‘i paged tac units’ ‘the server is full’ ‘all units back up’ etc., waiting for tac units to tell them what to do during a hostage sit at rogreens

tl;dr- a doc officer had to take command of a scene when several other LE units were present

@department heads you seriously need to train your officers how to respond to tactical situations, it’s unfortunate that a CO should have to take charge

what do u guys think- am i just an asshole or do i make a fair point

pls dont beat me

-your friendly neighborhood corrections officer
the department of corrections is in no way responsible for my rant nor do they support/disagree in any way shape or form

7 Likes

well said

4 Likes

:clap:Couldn’t have said it better myself Cappa. Also, the hostage sit like 15 minute ago?

3 Likes

yeahh

3 Likes

Will agree, we should be better at training our LEO’s to extent the situation as safe as possible and efficient. In the world of tactical units every second counts and a gun can kill in like 3 seconds so LEO’s learning basic things rather then always waiting is a good idea.

3 Likes

If tactical units aren’t online, regular units could deal with it. Besides, they’re still trained to deal with simple things like breaching and such. Tactical units are more specialized at the job and know how to deal with it better, so if they’re online, they will respond and take primary on the situation.

3 Likes

my point is that units don’t take command of situations as they should, did u even read it e.e

3 Likes

They should be. If they aren’t, report it. There’s your solution.

2 Likes

this type of incident has happened twice, i don’t think that reporting the officers would solve the problem- it’s widespread

2 Likes

LOL i was the driver, but well said

1 Like

The biggest problem is that a long long long time now, command staff from every dept. say “If there is a high risk situation, call DHS/SWAT/FNG” and the officer don’t use common sense in most of the situations

1 Like

recently paging started to be used if there was like a mass hostage sit or something, i see breaching more often with regular units now

1 Like

Film it… then report it… then they know the exact problem and how to fix it.

1 Like

POST should better train LEO how to deal with things like these.

1 Like

FSP cant handle tactical situation and blame developers for this issue. We do not get any weapons other then a pistol (shotgun is less better then pistol)

1 Like

The reason why a STATE department does not get good weaponary is because there is 2 state departments in this state (DHS and FSP), and only one state department was given a tactical team. So the other one does not get good weaponary

1 Like

For SCSO however, all of their members should be trained to handle tactical situations as it happens often. ESPECIALLY in their jurisdiction

1 Like

both FSP and SCSO should be better trained, in real life if theres only officers and they are going at a armed suspect, as soon as said suspect aims a gun at them, they will open fire at them and kill them.
it’s happen’d before,
SWAT, at least when I was in it, should be brutally trained to the point that its nearly impossible that they die,
it’d also be good for SWAT to be able to sprint in that payday 2 style, like this

like this, in real life SWAT runs crouched to reduce how much a suspect can hit, and it’d be a great addition to see this be able to be added to SWAT/CRT/FNG by v3,
but other than that SCSO/FSP should be better trained, and SWAT should be brutally trained

1 Like

Hello,

To say the least, I’ve been to a SWAT training where the SWAT:COM trained both SCSO, FSP and SWAT on how to perform riots back when I was in SWAT and CRT2, Captain Jahan and I have been invited to a FSP training to help the Troopers breach inside the house and show them some of your basic tactics.
Meaning: Those trainings do happen but are rare and maybe could be a done a few more times.
Sadly there has also been Joint trainings organized at the POST campus that haven’t worked perfectly, not blaming anyone since it was a good try and idea.

With the loading screen and server 1 often being full it can take a really long time for tactical units to respond to pager yes and of course it would be common sense and wait a few minutes but eventually breach alone. (which is welcome)

Due to some recent tragedies by the biggest LEO Departments involving regular Officers dying in crossfires or even by accident shooting civilians or hostages, most tactical Divisions prefer to breach alone when possible and have the regular uniformed officers secure the scene and do traffic control. That shuts them off from taking action at I’d say 60% of all dangerous scenes.

However I think there must not be made great changes since Departments are rather training a mass of people on with a basic training: A bit of shooting, A bit of traffic stops etc. Now when you join a traffic control division or Specialized Patrol Unit you’d be recieving advanced training on methods to stop pursuits and patrol undercover.
And it’s the same if you join SWAT or SERT. So there should maybe be an increased amount of these basic trainings between Departments and tactical units and maybe HICOM could release a few tips used for a more save patrol and better organization at dangerous calls.
So do I encourage regular LEOs to deal with the situation even if you think you can’t unless there is a tactical unit E/R or O/S

Thx
l3xtro
CRT Agent
SERT Commander
ex SWAT Sergeant

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like