What the Legislative Branch Candidates (and the public) needs to remember

Hey. I’m fmr. Representative, Inventize. I was elected into the House in the Special Elections of July 2018.

These are what I think needs to be fixed in the legislative branch as of right now. This is a message from me, a concerned citizen that took stood in the branch as a legislator, to the public, and individuals planning to run.

Candidate Expectations / Suggestions

My expectations for this term will be higher than normal. After seeing what happened in my short tenure last term, I have considered this to be a rebirth of our government. Here’s what I want to see happen and some tips on how to run for a first term and repeating term.

• No more bullshit in your speeches. If you have plans to write legislation regarding law enforcement and amendments to fix loopholes, state them. The public should know about your plans in your tenure, not some generalized statement about what you plan to do.

• Don’t make fucking promises that you can’t keep. I failed to do that when I first ran, and that’s okay. I learned not to do that.

• Don’t state your skills without you proving them. Skills like Trello management, superb cooperation, and leadership skills should be proven. In order to prove your trello skills, send a current trello as a portfolio example of what you can bring to the position that you’re running for. You need to prove that you’re competent to win the position.

• Please don’t bring in your law enforcement experience. Sure, that can show that you’ve been in communities like this, but honestly, your law enforcement positions don’t even matter. What does matter is your prior positions in government, like District Judge or Secretary of State. You can put in cabinet positions that have led law enforcement departments, but I suggest adding ones like DCJ and SOS, as it shows that you’ve experienced things in other branches. I’ve included a mere FSP Major position that I’ve held that people may have known me for holding in my speech, but that was a mistake. Being a high rank in a law enforcement department means jack shit in Congress.

• ALWAYS put your contact information at the end. Some voters want to get to know you before they choose to use their vote on you. You should put down your discord tag so you can be contacted.

• Don’t put any experience that you have from unknown or negatively-reputable states. This means some random USA group or some group with weird ass punctuation in it. This only makes your experience look more unreliable or negative. Negatively-reputable states can mean Rockport or Docklands. You should only put Rockport or Docklands down if you were in a significant position within those states, like Lieutenant Governor (me) or District Court Justice, or it’s your only source of experience. It’s okay if you don’t have experience, some can run for the first time and still be a good position holder.

• Don’t run if you expect to resign / be inactive in the middle of the term. I know this is said a lot, but it actually matters. You are expected to uphold your duty as a member of the Legislative Branch. You will let down your supporters if you were to be expelled or went inactive. I went significantly inactive in the middle of the term without realizing it, and I decided to restart my operations and continued to be active for the rest of the term.

• Don’t write a dumb fucking speech. Make sure it’s a formal speech, to present to the public. You can curse, go ahead, but don’t make it stupid to the point that it’s immature. The public views your speech and supports you upon that.

Legislative Branch Problems and Solutions.

I’ve seen Congress have conflict between the two chambers, the House shitting on the Senate, and vice versa. I was too quiet to be able to speak up for it, but now that I’m not a Representative anymore, I can have freedom of speech.

Throughout my experience as a Representative of the State of Firestone, I’ve seen some dumb shit. The Speaker of the House resigning because of lack of communication from the Governor, and the Speaker Pro Tempore resigning because someone said “no balls.” (props to you tho pewdie ily) I’ve seen too much, and I’ll list most of them there.

• Lack of communication from the Gubernatorial Administration to the Legislative Branch Administration.

• Bjohn was literal fucking garbage towards the end of the term. He’s a good guy, but he failed to find legitimacy in his command over the government. Of course, I expect Butsworth to be hella active in this term and I do expect constant communication. However, when Butsworth falls out of line in activity, Congress should not be afraid to impeach the Governor. Congress failed to impeach Bjohn and it was ridiculous.
  • Lack of enforcement in the Congressional Discord.

• The Senate and House were completely fucking biting eachother every single fucking week in the joint communications discord channel. It was idiotic. We all ran with one common goal, to improve the State of Firestone. Inter-branch conflict will not solve anything. This is why the discord should be more enforced, and I expect a harsher punishment for shit talking the people that you work with.
  • Constant inactivity in Congress overall.

• So some people were inactive as shit without telling anyone why they were inactive. This was bad, and led to the lack of quota for most sessions that were hosted. I was inactive for quite a bit due to my summer geometry and constant difficulties that led to the inconvenience of the chamber, but I told the PO and everything prior to my inactivity session.
    • Expulsions were held against me, and I accepted it. However, I pleaded for a second chance and proved myself redeemable in activity. However, this shouldn’t just be towards me. Expulsions exist, people. Don’t be afraid of “backstabbing” and shit like that. People will forgive you in some way or another. I forgave Flake when he presented my expulsion to the table (which failed btw lmao gj sucker), and we don’t have any problems. Always be able to present expulsions for inactivity.
  • Lack of a Pro Tempore / Presiding Officer

• idk about u, but having a presiding officer & pro tempore is crucial to congress. The House, towards the end of the term, lost both its SoTH and SPT in a matter of 2 weeks. That killed off any possible sessions that could be hosted, and delayed passage of legislation until the next gubernatorial term. For those who plan to run, please ensure that the chambers both have a Pro Tempore and Presiding Officer at all times. Don’t be afraid to run for SoTH. You can learn along the way.

Citizen Expectations

• Don’t fucking vote for people based off the ideology of “man this guy looks cool and he’s popular, so i’m gonna support them!11”

• This proves nothing but the favoritism that our community has. Instead, vote on people that have actual plans in their speeches, and a well thought out speech to gain the position that they desire. Please, vote on the people that actually try.
  • Don’t be ignorant of the current issues in our state. If you have a problem with something, go ahead and run or petition for changes. I ran because I saw idiotic flaws and lack of punishment time for charges that are significant to operations for Law Enforcement, and that’s what I succeeded in. I secured a seat in the House of Representatives, and continued to vote on legislation that appealed to me.

• Don’t go around and say that this candidate is stupid/bad because of some shit they did in the past. If they’re taking an election seriously, and that they are willing to change with the desire to improve the state, leave them alone. Don’t bring in some dumb fucking crime/statement and video/picture of them committing a crime / saying a bad statement before they decided to run. That’s just disrespectful and rude.

• Don’t go trying to start arguments in election forums. This makes it difficult to the election sponsor to count supports, and constantly just makes you look like an asshole. Just don’t.

If you have any concerns, feel free to reply to this forum.

TL;DR to come later.

this is a forum that states my current opinions and should not be taken seriously to the fullest extent. some things in this forum are probably wrong. please contact me privately if you have an issue with this.

thanks,
invent!!

5 Likes

can concur.

1 Like

too long

aka gay

1 Like

im awake until 3am every night
shrug

1 Like

good.

1 Like

TL:DR

• no bullshit in speeches, remember to always be specific and not tell lies
  • don’t make promises u cant keep
  • don’t state skills without proving that you can perform those skills
  • don’t bring in LEO experience unless u led the entire department
  • always put your contact information at the end
  • don’t put experience from groups with dumb fucking punctuation or unknown / negative reputation
  • don’t run if you expect to resign
  • don’t write a dumb fucking speech

problems in congress consist of

• lack of communication
  • lack of enforcement in congress discord
  • constant inactivity
  • lack of chamber presiding officer

citizen expectations consist of

• don’t vote bc you think people look cool / they’re popular
  • don’t be ignorant of issues in fs
  • don’t go around saying a candidate is bad bc of some shit they did in the past
  • don’t go starting arguments in election forums.
1 Like

1 Like

:sunglasses:

1 Like

SOOO LONG

1 Like

Long, but helpful in every election.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes