What is the point of DPW?

There is no such thing as trash in v2 therefore DPW should not exist.

2 Likes

They claim they’ll add it but its been months.

The longer they leave it, the less reasons I see DPW should still exist

2 Likes

Theres no point in adding “trash” anyways, it is dumb

2 Likes

I can only agree but they wont remove it. I have no die why it’s so popular…

1 Like

Trashcans were added to V2 a bit ago, along with trash trucks. But that was all. For now it’s just for RP.

2 Likes

more like a waste of time

1 Like

It’s a very useful department, they pick up the trash and keep V2 Clean.

1 Like

But there is NO TRASH in v2. So it would be clean either way.

Adding trash would just be a waste of time for devs.

Just eliminate DPW.

1 Like

DPW’s point is basically to give people an opportunity to do something besides cause crime and drive around and lead pursuits and stuff, and to be associated with the actual roleplay community. It may be useless, sure, but then again, DOT road maintenance is useless, and we don’t see anybody complaining about DOT.

Plus, there’s the arguable point that ‘this is a roleplay community based off of real life and in real life there’s sanitation departments and DPW is sanitation for Firestone etc etc etc’, which, if you take it into context, makes sense.

2 Likes

Even if there was trash, trash is usually managed by private companies that are hired by the goverment or cities to clean up trash. And DPW is not a private company and thats unrealistic.

1 Like

well, in major cities, it’s possibly covered by both government and privatized companies; here in NYC, we primarily rely on the Department of Sanitation, with private companies taking private business trash and some other areas.

2 Likes

requesting dpw code 3! there’s a banana on the floor and I can’t be bothered to pick it up

1 Like
1 Like