Water Update

, ,

I’m not even a massive fan of the ocean yet most of my development suggestions seem to be about the water…

Activity on the water is as dead as it’s wildlife.

Departments like DOBW host activities on the waters like racing events but it is always so hard to organise with the lack of placeables they have! How can we easily resolve this? Give DOBW some more tools! Departments like DOT and DPW have a lot of placeables now, why not DOBW.

Buoys

Buoys are simple and are already in the game! Should be easy enough to develop it into a placeable item for DOBW to place. Laws could be implemented to grant DOBW the opportunity to create temporary restrictions on the waterways for maintenance activities or events like yacht parties or races!

Now, I don’t know much about buoys but you could give DOBW different coloured buoys or ones with different patterns. DOBW can then use these to show exclusion zones, anchoring zones or controlled areas (reduced speed). Developers, please speak to the likes of DOBW who understand the types of buoys so we get the right ones developed

Floating Platforms

We all know the struggle of trying to anchor the boat so that when you get up, you don’t start moving slowly overboard. Floating platforms would be a BRILLIANT addition to the game and would give DOBW so much more purpose for such a simple addition.

DOBW can show up and place these down at maintenance activities with DOT/DPW/CGF/SPG to provide a stable platform to work off. Additionally the other departments will be able to add more placeables ontop of this platform like concrete pipes etc.

These would be extremely useful for citizens in boat racing events and yacht parties as its a nice still platform to stand and talk to others.

Marker Buoys

Back to talking about buoys! :slight_smile:

Marker Buoys would be useful to provide markers for races! WHO KNOWS WE MAY BE ABLE TO DO THE VERY TRIATHION :open_mouth:

CONCLUSION

These additions are really simple and I honestly think it would definitely increase activity in DOBW for even a short period of time. Events could be organised better and will definitely motivate the department to do more.

They can be relied upon a lot more often from the likes of other departments to place platforms and exclusion zones to allow for maintenance activities and events.

@pathwaysbball @anon54114525 @FederalLaw pretty please with a cherry on top :pleading_face: we can come to some sort of personal agreement in exchange for this update :relaxed:

32 Likes

they can create waterway closures however theres no physical objects to stop boats from entering unless we have CG on to enforce said closures so i like this idea

4 Likes

More purpose for CG :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I also believe this will fix activity too

4 Likes

Boom — CG/MD AND DOBW supported in one post. What’s not to love!

4 Likes

and sar :angry:

3 Likes

Massive support - this, if accepted, will be game changing and revolutionary to everything that we do.

6 Likes

Call ideas for DOBW

• buoy lighting is out
  • buoy overturned
  • cleaning polluted areas (using something like the dpw sweeper script but with a tool)
  • navigational hazards floating in water
8 Likes

Fishing would also be a great addition, it could work as a test before V3’s fishing and it could work similarly to the postal service. Players could fish for fish and sell those fish to an outpost in the water or at RW docks to make money. There could also be a rarity factor to the fish where the most expensive fish is the rarest to get.

But most importantly boats should be reduced in price, no one wants to spend 5k on a 3 gear 1 seater canoe…

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more! I am aware that the hope for the founders is to start implementing v3 technology as testing in V2 (postal service). I reckon now is the best time to add in those fishing scripts to get people on the water!

3 Likes

SUPPORT!!!

3 Likes

as long as the seal on there is included, I’m in.

9 Likes

Lots of support! DOBW is always looking for new ways to RP but its always the same. This would bring a lot more options to RPs and increase our activity!

2 Likes

lets get one of those bounce house-type water floaties!

4 Likes

I highly support it, it would add a lot more realism and would be a lot more fun with the roleplay aspect. Additionally, DOBW needs more placeables and this would be a great way to allow them to host events more efficiently and safely along with having platforms for roleplay, buoys to signal areas that are off-limits, reduced speed, etc. Overall a great suggestion and I believe that it should be implemented.

3 Likes

HOUSE BOAT UPDATE

3 Likes

one of these please

7 Likes

i agree, please add a water obstacle course so an airboat can ram into 13 civilians attempting to have fun

2 Likes

also make the BOATS CHEAPER

5 Likes

I would love to see this in game!

2 Likes