Volunteer Fire Department

The Stapleton County Fire Department should have a volunteer auxiliary. This would equate to perhaps a secondary department if not a volunteer job. The station would be implemented in a small town like Hillview. The only time volunteer Fire Fighters shall be allowed to act is when staff for the full time is little to none or they’re high amount of calls and the head of the volunteer auxiliary would allow it (Head of the Auxiliary would be a full time role in SCFD). This would auxiliary would only have 1-2 apparatus’.

4 Likes

meh good idea but may cause extra lag

3 Likes

If this is only ran when full timers arent on, then it would be the same i’d assume.

3 Likes

I mean, it would just be easier to have it run by full time SCFD. We are always discussing a 2nd station, but it would require approval from developers and our Chief. I’m sure @MACK12312678910 could expand on this.

3 Likes

Also having a Volunteer Department would also make response to say Prom easier. As they struggle getting rigs to Prom

3 Likes

They’re multiple law enforcement agencies that work together on one task. However, there’s one Fire Department and the Fire Department isn’t the most favored field. Having almost like a reserve program where LEO’s can serve as a Paramedic or FireFighter for calls would help contribute to keeping medical aid available instead of the “End RP, no SCFD online”

3 Likes

That’s why there is something called EMT-B Certified

3 Likes

Yes, but that only limits what you can do. EMT-B does not involve medicine and other needed assets. Pretty ignorant statement. EMT-B is not meant to go and address a person. It’s to render aid and stabilize the person (if able to) until EMT’s arrive.

3 Likes

I like the idea, probably will be considered more when V2 lag decreases.

Best Wishes,
-Mr. Law.

3 Likes

Waste of time. By the time scfd is there its over. Maybe if they responded to medical calls but also would you add one in Redwood? Like for real theres to much questions for this one. Where would it go. How would it work. How long. I’d say if you want to make adddiotsn to this you have to be on the civ team and you can have like a tahoe with blue light all over it so people know that its a Firefighter. I can see it working though.

BEST WISHES TAVARES_CAVANAUGH

3 Likes

@Tavares_Cavanaugh

Actually no, it would save time.

Volunteer Fire Department, they’d respond to all calls when serviced.

No, it would go in smaller town between Prom and Redwood, like hillview or up by FNG/DoC.

Just answered that.

Ultimately, that’s up to the Fire Chief. Though, there would be a system where calls come in and no SCFD are online, the volunteer would have a pager and be paged. He would go on volunteer team and addressed the calls and sign off. When signing on and calls pile up, (s)he would be obligations to call in full-time SCFD. He would be serviced til they came on. They would simply be a part-time auxiliary.

Sounds purposeless. Where would they have their materials? You roll up and attach a hose to your tahoe? Perhaps POV’s to respond to the fire station and gear up there, but I believe an auxiliary team would be sufficient.

Nevertheless, the current rigs struggle to get to Prom due to hills and inclines. This would provide an intermediate resource to responding there as well.

Auxiliary: providing supplementary or additional help and support.
POV: Privately Owned Vehicle. Typically with ELS when defined as a Departmental POV Vehicle.

3 Likes

Yeah I changed my mind well I was writing it, it grew on me.

3 Likes

@MACK12312678910 @FederalLaw @mrfergie
Your thoughts on the main post and the argument above?

3 Likes

I like the idea. Its good

3 Likes

don’t think so

3 Likes

@mrfergie

What’s the problem with it?

3 Likes

@mrfergie Give me a good reason why I think its a great idea. If we get 250 Supports you add it. If we dont get it by the 3rd we fail.

3 Likes

@Tavares_Cavanaugh
We can’t “force” a dev to do anything. Citizens make suggestions. Although, this make come in conflict with development plans or simply just not be needed. I proposed an Idea that I thought would help, but it’s not my place to make such implementations. If anyone would fight this, it would be the SCFD Chief.

3 Likes

No thanks… No point in this.

Signed,
Untitled

3 Likes

No we don’t…

3 Likes