Vehicle destruction and fires

When an officer or citizen fires at the engine of a vehicle, the engine should gain damage.

1 shot at engine > Smoke (Warning signs in cabin or control pannel)

2-4 shots at engine > Vehicle unable to go fast (40 SPS+)

5+ shots > Vehicle unable to move and have visible damage (gunshots shown on car hood)

Also if a certain number of bullets hit the vehicle in the low rear (near gas tank) or engine it should begin to smoke and eventually start checking on fire, This will give SCFD more to do.

2 Likes

Would be nice, but the SCFD got a lot of medical calls rn, so when people learn not to run infront of a car when they see an ambulance it would be a good idea.

1 Like

They should make that FRP, it happens a few times in places but not every 5 secs.

1 Like

That would be a bit too much with the damage. There are cars that can take multiple rifle bullets to the engine before croaking. Plus, you do kinda have to lower standards for this game or else it will be abused way too much. And maybe different guns would have different effects-an assault rifle barrage from FNG or CRT would do much more than FSP or SCSO shooting with their handguns. And maybe even illegal armor, and police vehicles having different levels of armor depending on type of vehicle.

4 Likes

Yeah, too much damage for sure. But still, not a bad idea.

3 Likes

As long as the amount of damage is reasonable, then its not a bad idea.

2 Likes

Sometimes it feels like that, like when I’m at CD I want to leave CD fast because I know that anybody will hit people and make me more to do

1 Like

Same, even as a civ or other department.

1 Like
1 Like

then how mayflower does it

1 Like

This would never work… Plus it would require way more development and be to buggy… Plus a car can take a lot more hits and still go 100+ MPH

1 Like