[V3] SCFD and FDOH Suggestions

Pickup Trucks and ATV/UTV/Side-by-side for Brush/Wildfire where normal Fire Trucks such as Tower & Engine could not reach in hard to reach off road areas
5e83cce5eae6d53ccfcbde38_QTAC-UTV-ATV-Skid
BrushTruck

1 Like

Wouldn’t happen

1 Like

Unless you propose another way for SCFD to roleplay EMS calls, this is the only way

1 Like

In my brief stint with Roblox studio, I can think of a solution. I’d suggest that you slow the speed of the particles from some emitters so that it seems as if it fills the room with thick black smoke.

1 Like

its a very good idea

1 Like

So long as everything goes as blaadam plans, you can

2 Likes

This is possible, but it’s more or less about the dynamic-ness of the Smoke and how fire interacts with the environment. We would love to create it as immersive as possible, but we aren’t sure how to do it through code and have it autoconfigure to every building we want flammable on the map.

1 Like

My point is that RP with a real player is usually superior to a NPC roleplay.

1 Like

And how many people roleplay with SCFD?

I’m sure that they’d appreciate both NPC and Player calls

1 Like

I have yet another suggestion @blaadam. It would be very good to have incident signs for SCFD, DOH, and perhaps other departments.

Specifically for fire and EMS, it would be very good to have signs that can be placed to aid with incident management and control. I’ve attached an image of an example. There could be a variety of signs in the boot of a command, fly car, and ambulance that may display: ‘casualty control point’, ‘incident command point’, ‘incident ahead’, ‘road closed’ or other signs to identify zones.

Furthermore, I believe that turnout PPE and uniforms should have a selection of tabards either on a UI or in the vehicles which you can click or press a key to cycle through. This may be useful for police as well as SCFD and DOH. These tabards could simply be high-visibility tabards or they could display the responsibility of a fire officer or paramedic on scene such as an incident commander.

3 Likes

:thinking: Maybe…

1 Like

The chance for the Technical Rescue Teams and SAR teams, to operate a Search and Rescue helicopter. Obviously we would have to gain a RPL and there’d be like 6 of us max, including the SAR commander and an Air Search and Rescue Officer, who could operate it. This would allow for us to easily locate people stuck or lost within the countless forest areas within V3. Furthermore, if it had the ability to put out brush fires using retardants, across summer, we could have California wild fires. These could spread at a massive rate but only take up half the map, causing the cities to evacuate, and to prevent lag, you can make it so in the middle of the fire after so long it’ll char, allowing it to continue spreading without increasing lag.

6 Likes

It would be cool to have a joint Forest Fire Department between the parks service and SCFD. As Joe said with the idea of forest fires we could add a volunteer dep or division within SCFD that is specially trained for forest fires. They could create an FFA course that teaches forest fire fighting tactics. They could use brush trucks and heils to fight fires, they could also assist after natural disasters.

1 Like

not really a fan of the whole volunteer firefighting and the special division in scfd. SAR can always be trained in wildland operations or specific members in the department that want it

3 Likes

having a volunteer department is something thats time and time again dismissed. if there was to be one it wouldnt be that stupidly restricted to just wildland. and anyways, regular scfd members are already trained to a capable standard for basic wildland ops and im sure as crosslay has said there can be specifics trained to advanced levels

3 Likes

I don’t think having an extra fire department of any kind is a good idea

2 Likes

update on this SAR1 Mastyjake has a wildfire firefighting game so you could ask him to just copy the script over and maybe optimise it

1 Like

no, thats his stuff. we also already have wildfires developed and optimised from the start.

1 Like

Shoutout to all my homies in SCFD for keeping it real :fist:

4 Likes