V3 Roadmap

Right now, nobody really knows where V3 is at. It would be helpful to see an organized and up-to-date roadmap of the projects within V3 and some realistic prediction dates for the release of V3. Many are looking forward to V3 and some departments are neglected in V2, so it would be incredibly helpful to have some clarity into the release of the long-awaited Firestone V3.

5 Likes

There is the R&D Trello but idk how up to date that is

1 Like

the r&d board is kind of outdated, at least in terms of scripting progress
i think its reasonably up-to-date with regards to building, but im not a builder

https://trello.com/b/SCoMEWeL/research-and-development

3 Likes

there’s leaks posted in general by fed from time to time too or even on stream

3 Likes

fs discord #public-development shows a lot of leaks

2 Likes

I was a QA tester until early September. We tested absolutely nothing V3 related between then and May 2021. And what we did test was barely functional.

I don’t have any hope for V3 at all.

The management for V3 has been non-existent.

9 Likes

i mean theres been progress even if it hasnt been put through qa

3 Likes

Yes but no QA testing for 4 months is no progress at all. Making something doesn’t mean it will work.

The only meaningful progress that has been public or in the eyes of QA testers was color’s progress on interiors. Nothing else.

4 Likes

Cool, but I’m talking about an organized timeline on where we are in terms of release date, how much more there is to do, etc.

2 Likes

if ur talking abt rescript release should be soon i believe they are only waiting for els

idk abt v3 beta dev

2 Likes

envs card says its waiting for Playtests, which QAs said arent happening… so

3 Likes

To add to this, Fed last said in the FS general chat that he was waiting until a feature is enabled again in studio by Roblox so expect multiple weeks. This may only still be for a Beta game and not yet fully published but in a significantly more playable state than what is currently displayed.

3 Likes

they’ve said that about a billion different things so i still wouldnt expect V3 once enabled

3 Likes

so up to date that you arent on there

3 Likes

Unfortunately we’ve ran into an obstacle with regards to loading the game. At this moment in time, our v3 game will not load any parts visually (they exist, you can walk on them, crash into them, but you can’t see them). As far as I’m concerned, we’re working on trying to figure out ways to solve this issue, but I couldn’t tell you what the progress is on that.

In terms of scripting, they’ve slowed down but still have progress being made on them. The main thing we are waiting on is chase’s ELS system to send to CFrame who will then rig on them on vehicles, whereas majority of the things for general playability are completed or nearing completion.

QA, whilst not run through often, have found ~60 bugs that are nearly squashed (roughly around 80%). Automationeer has been working on the general skillsets (completed Fishing and Woodcutting). There’s not much left in terms of getting it out there, we’re just really stuck on the map loading issue we seem to be procrastinating (hence why the sudden surge of v2 updates while we try to figure out the map issue).

10 Likes

You should definitely contact support or if support is dumb contact developer relations. If it is seriously impacting your ability to actually create your game (therefore affecting your income) then you should really have it solved quicker rather than procrastination.

3 Likes

forums are usually filled with developers who have similar problems but not games as big
it can be super helpful and super useless. in this case, it will probably be super useless

1 Like

unreleased versions are not a priority to roblox compared to already-published games

a front page game was taken offline completely for a few weeks until we fixed the bug ourselves.
two months later, devrel finally replied and it was non-conclusive.

3 Likes

Thank you for this update.

Could you please consider making a somewhat regular newsletter on the forums regarding V3 progress? (once every couple of months would be a great start)

3 Likes

That wouldn’t be that bad of an idea, but it may not contain all that much.
For important completions, they may be accompanied by a picture or short video/gif, but other things will just be plain text like, “Developer Mr_CFrame has nearly completed rigging all V3 vehicles”.

Honestly, as of right now, the newsletter is just #public-development, where a few of us post our work as it gets done. Every time I finished a vehicle or department’s ELS for V3, there would be an update.

2 Likes