V3 Idea: Creation of Maritime Commerce and Focus on Maritime Law Enforcement

When v3 is released, the security of the waterways in Firestone will be more vital than ever as there’s water everywhere. With basically a sea surrounding v3, there’s an ample amount of opportunity to grow and expand the maritime industry, especially in the law enforcement and commercial sector.

Commercial Sector:
It’s very normal, especially on islands, to see Ferry systems operated by the State Department of Transportation or a company. Using ferries would provide more roleplay opportunities, such as water emergencies with 10+ souls onboard and different and fun travel methods.
They should also consider implementing a fishing system, in which civilians can fish, return to port, sell the fish they caught, and make money by doing so. They should also consider allowing companies to possess their own boats with liveries (such as Capital Gas’ Maritime Operations, or maybe a Construction Company)

Maritime Law Enforcement:
With all of these maritime activities taking place, the Coast Guard and their MSRT will serve more purpose than ever as there is now a higher chance of crime onboard vessels. I believe the Coast Guard should get its own station (small and beside FNG) as they’ll need to quickly be able to respond when emergencies happen on the water (because in v2 they gotta drive through GD to prison gov docks).

Focus on Maritime Development:
For far too long has DOC:MD, FNG:CG, SCFD:SAR, and civilian boating been overlooked. The lack of development and focus makes something that could make this state unique and fun really boring and hardly ever used. I mean hell Coast Guard is basically just Military Police at this point until the rare occasion of a water emergency comes over the radio. Boats need to be remodeled to look more realistic, more features need to be added, and different activities need to be added for people to actually do something. Make buoy lights go out and have DOBW fix them. The creation of the Maritime Community was a great idea in Firestone but you can’t just give people some overpriced boats and expect it to thrive.

If I made any typo’s or anything that makes 0 sense in this please let me know so I can fix it I spent like only 10 mins typing this.

20 Likes

i agree

signed,
commandant steeltrigger of the 2nd coast guard battalion

3 Likes

support,

msrt chief petty officer fairfull

3 Likes

SUPPORT

4 Likes

support

3 Likes

Coast Guard will be having a station next to the base. Look into #general-announcements in the Firestone Discord if you’re interested in seeing what it looks like. Sounds like a cool idea overall.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have seen some pics of the dock are and I’m actually really pleased. It looks pretty nice.

2 Likes

Agreed
former coast guard po2 racing

3 Likes

the maritime aspect of firestone has been neglected for far too long, this is a great idea

• msrt chief swaggermanfighter
4 Likes

i support

signed,
petty officer first class mynictrc of the maritime security response team under the 2nd coast guard battalion

3 Likes

criminals could also purchase boats or create them with tools from some hardware store and smuggle stolen guns counterrfit or stolen cash to some island where you can sell it and get money or to a storage locker

2 Likes

yeah, adding stuff to support criminal activity on the water is needed to help boost that CG/MD RP

3 Likes

illegal fishing!!!

2 Likes

What would this mean for DOBW, how would they be involved in something like this? Would they end up doing some law enforcement on the water? Also, is ferries ran by DOT or DOBW? This is a great idea btw so support

2 Likes

Ferries would prob be ran by DOBW to help give them more responsibilities. They would not do any law enforcement but rather maintain waterways by reparing aids to navigation (buoy lightbulbs) and fixing docks.

2 Likes

Fed has said that fishing in V3 will be illegal so unless Congress changes that by allowing fishing in the sea but not inside the state park then yeah…

1 Like

This will be in V3 as you can see on the R&D board.

2 Likes

im too lazy to read it but that’s cool

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.