V3: Gun System Redesigned. Gun Purchasing Systems. No More NPC's

Gun System Redesigned

Instead of using NPC’s to sell legal and illegal guns, other ways should be developed for citizens to create and manufacture guns.

Illegal Weapons Redesigned

Firstly, in order for criminals to get their weapons, they would have to do the following rather then just unrealistically go to a NPC Dealer to get a weapon illegally.

So basically, a criminal either scavenges for materials, and tools to create the illegal weapon or goes to a illegal (ACTUAL HUMAN, NOT NPC) gun dealer that already created the gun and thats how a gun trade would work, rather then an npc dealer.

It would take about 5-10 minutes of scavenging (mostly abandonded buildings and stuff) to find the materials and another 5 minutes to craft the gun

DON’T HAVE TIME TO SCAVENGE?

Well you have three choices,

Firstly you can preform a raid on a legal gun factory (where legal guns would be made) to get your materials and supplies, however you would not be able to steal weapons from the factories, only material. Preforming a raid on a legal gun factory offers MUCH more materials to create illegal weapons (you can make 15 weapons per illegal raid) however it is much more riskier and you will probably fail

Secondly, you can buy a illegal weapon directly from someone that is illegally selling weapons to you. (A ACTUAL HUMAN WOULD SELL IT TO YOU, NOT A NPC) This way, you can skip the gun creation process and you can buy weapons directly from an illegal dealer.

So basically, for anyone that complains “OH I CANT SCAVENGE”. You don’t have to, just buy it from an illegal dealer,

and for anyone that says “Oh it takes too long to scavenge” Theres a shorter process (raiding a factory) thats more harder consequently so theres no excuses for that either

Legal Gun Process

Rather than having a legal NPC Gun dealer, companies would be created to sell legal guns

Factory

The factory would be owned by the gun company and would be a automated factory. Why automated? Because if a person works in a factory its just gonna be hella boring.

Trucker

After the weapons are produced the weapons go in a truck for the trucker to haul. It would go to the gun store right away

Legal Gun Store

A person would sell the weapon to a customer legally.

LEGAL GUN STORE NOT OPEN? HOW WOULD I GET MY GUN??

So, when there are no truckers avaliable, or no one is selling the weapons at the store. In order to get a gun, you would have to buy the weapon WHILE the store is open, and then place it in your inventory so that when the store is closed, you can use the weapon that you have in your car inventory, for example

However, in order for this to work, the developers would have to add a INVENTORY SYSTEM in order to make this work

10 Likes

Please read the document before replying

Additionally, please give a more detailed description on why you support, or do not support. Simply saying “no” for example is not helpful. Please use constructive criticism. Thank you.

Just gonna clarify this here, last thing. This is ONLY for weapons NPC’s. this suggestion does NOT remove NPCs from other stuff (i.e car dealerships NPC’s are not removed from this idea) sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

tl;tr please

2 Likes

Its basically ways to have guns without NPC dealers @jasonbourneaxis

2 Likes

i think it would be good to have a system requiring more work than just going to an illegal gun dealer so these stupid random killing criminals cant just keep going back to get another gun, but buying guns from a human ruins that point

on top of that its not really fair to have it where legal gun owners just cant buy guns sometimes, if anything id rather have it where criminals have some times when they cant get guns, like they cant get guns during the day bc its too risky or something

3 Likes

You would be able to storage weapons in your inventory when the store is closed. Sadly, this is one of the disadvantages of this idea however with an inventory system added in v3, it can help combat this issue.

2 Likes

Why go through the legal process if you can craft it, having more enjoyment in itself?

4 Likes

Well i guess a legal guns creator can just fish for materials to craft a gun, but its more productive to use a automated factory

2 Likes

I 2nd GetEnveloped. Just buying the legal guns, you get them. But the thrill of raiding the factory, getting the materials, would make Legal gun owns want to get them illegally just for that reason.
TL;DR:
Regular guns too boring to get, everyone including CFT license holders will get them illegally for the thrill, get arrested.

4 Likes

Well i don’t think so, its easier to get guns legally so even with the “thrill” i dont think people are gonna do crime just to get guns if they already can get it legally

2 Likes

i like this idea

3 Likes

Support here.

Great idea :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hopefully the devs read this

2 Likes

Like the idea to support it…

3 Likes

DEVS COUNT LIKeS ON MAIN POST AS SUPPORT, IF YOU SUPPORT LIKE IT.

3 Likes

god no, unrealistic to scavenge for gun parts in a modern county that we are. And no one would sell their guns as criminals, and I have experience as a former criminal in BETA V1, and no one would sell this. Or every other day you could just switch npc’s locations around but like i just don’t like this idea

2 Likes

there was no selling system in v3 maybe? And selling would not economically make sense in that scenario?

People would sell their guns as criminals with the intent to generate cash. Additionally, you have no evidence that people would not sell their guns, as in v1 there was no inventory system neither is there any method of selling guns, and it would not make sense economically to sell guns in v1 (or v2) either. However, in this system it would make sense to sell guns as you would gain a profit and there would be demand by civillians trying to get a gun fast. Additionally, there would be demand on ammo as that would be needed to shoot a gun, so people would buy that ammo.

2 Likes

Additionally, just because the game is a modern city doesn’t mean there wouldn’t be parts sitting around the map. They can be placed in, for example abandonded factories, garbage areas, construction sites, etc around the map. And the parts would not be named “gun parts”, it would be named “Iron” or “plastic” or “metal” or “aluminum” for the gun, and then maybe “lead” and “gun powder”, etc and you could find these around the map. Sounds pretty realistic.

2 Likes

@ExerBoxing @startrooper2345 @ItzAlexYTOfficial @anon89493192 If you guys support it please star what rating you believe this suggestion has

3 Likes

I support this message.

2 Likes