V3, future of Firestone and stuff

As everyone knows, V3 is (supposedly) right around the corner. As of now, things are slow.

All I ever see in #general-announcements is a new building that was made by DevelopingtheBlue. Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems that everything on the development side of things have slowed down (halted) ever since V3 Alpha got released.

Honestly, I don’t care about a random building that was made. I mean, cool and all, but there are a lot of things that could be improved for V3. Everyone says “V3 will make or break the state” and it’s honestly on track to break. There are so many game mechanics that need to be added/changed. Also, I know someone else made a post about a player based economy, which I think was a great idea. I just hope they aren’t limited to mining and fishing. By that I mean give civs a bit to do. There would be no game without civs so try to keep em happy. There is no such thing as a productive, legal, civilian currently. All civ’s are basically forced to be crims if they want to do something. Adding onto that, all crims can ever do is shoot up stuff, rob a bank, get in a pursuit, breach DOC or FNG, or a hostage situation. I will give the Devs credit where it is due by giving Quest assets. The Department of Commerce has been doing extradorinaiy but they need much more support from devs.

Adding onto the game mechanic, all of V3 is V2 in a new map and with new assets. Little things like how team changing should work, what tools departments have or how bank robberies function NEED to be changed and refined. The entering car stuff is a joke, just make it A SINGLE KEYBIND! You don’t gotta hit 3 buttons and close a door to get a car moving. Don’t put a lot of work into a game just for it to be a replica of a dying game. Please put thought into how the game will function.

I also heard that Fed wants to have huge POST classes, so don’t get me started on how mad that makes me. If anything, make it more competitive. Get rid of those cops who are just there to mess around and only accept those who truly want to be there. Not to mention that departments across the board have numbers right now.

I mean, I hate Mayflower ICF and all, but it’s a great concept. If you join the group, take an easy test, BOOM, you’re a civilian. Firestone is notorious for rogue employees. If there was some external, non-founder, group of people who would be tasked with scanning accounts to check if someone is an alt or not. Basically, tighten up the requirements to join.

idk, I was nitpicking but if you got anything else you wanna add or rebut, reply to this

2 Likes

Door clicking is temporary (stated by lidels & co founders)

I’ve also stated this before too, there should be a role that accepts citizen applications, and group invites (Members trusted in the community) to ensure legit users are joining

this is true, and we were promised a better experience in V3 for criminals (hopefully)

6 Likes

:frowning:
i actually really liked this mechanic, it prevents the FRP of just going POOF Into a car. clicking the door, closing it, seatbelting, then turning the car on is nice.

2 Likes

I don’t, its very unstable and is EXTREMELY slow for people with low-tier PC’s like me. the reason crime is “much harder” for me is because of the clicking on the door in V2, sometimes the click doesn’t even register, or takes too long to the point where you’re already caught

4 Likes

Developers aren’t obliged to show us everything. Maybe theyve been working on some things, and aren’t showing us to hype up v3 ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

I don’t think I said they’re obliged to show us everything, just that even two developers said that the team is kinda dead. They also said this could be attributed to Fed getting a new job making him more busy.

2 Likes

With the recent introduction of the public development channel + the voice channel, I have been diligently working on things for v3, including new logo assets, decals, liveries, and gui work. Development on V3 has been steady since the introduction of V3 Alpha, and it hasn’t slowed down except for some issues, from what I’ve been seeing.

Recent events have affected development, yes. Fedora’s new occupation means we don’t have that much time to fully communicate with him and the rest of the team, and the recent developments regarding the trello exploitation has greatly affected GetEnveloped’s morale, which can be shown in his tweet. path is also taking time off from ROBLOX, as he’s out of state for 6 weeks due to family reasons.

As of right now, we haven’t released any update for the Version 3 game due to these events, which is why you don’t see many updates.

The rest of the development team are not obliged to show you progress on everything we do. We like to keep things under wraps to further advance the hype and allow things to work while the community is looking elsewhere, so when we release things out, they work perfectly and fits the community’s expectations.

Again, Version 3 is only in an Alpha version. We have yet to reach Beta, or even release. I’m still working on things, Lidels is still working on things, colorful, developing, zepplin, atlantic, cenosity, and everyone else on the dev team are still working on things we’re assigned in the background. We do put thought into everything we make, that’s why we take a long time to complete some things.

For your suggestions, I already have some plans to present the Co-Founders+ to provide proper guidance on how the civilian side of things work. I believe it would be beneficial for all players to gain a worthy amount of money instead of having to rely on a mere, piss-washy pension that’s like 16 dollars per 2 minutes.

With your idea regarding citizenship, I’ll try to bring up a plan to Fed regarding citizenship processing as the sights of raiders, rogue officers, and etcetera are growing everyday and they’re being ignored.

my statement does not specifically represent the views of the entire development team, but my own views. do not take anything i say as an account of the entire development team

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like