[V3] FSP:ASU Helicopter Equipment

For V3 I think it would be pretty nice if we were able to track suspects and read their plates, not sure how it would work but it should roughly be done if it’s in a perfect view then you should be able to read it when your mouse hovers over it or something like that. I think it would be incredibly beneficial as it would allow ASU to see if they have the right suspect without needing ground units to respond and tell us it is/isn’t the suspect we’re after.
Additionally, I think on the Special Response Helicopter and possibly Medical Response there should be an ‘inferred view’ which would allow us to track armed suspects with the SR Helicopter or on the MR Helicopter it could assist us with Search and Rescue whether it be on the water or on land.

I could see this being an issue in v3 due to its size and it may rather take 20-30 minutes to locate a suspect than it does in v2 where we can locate them in a matter of minutes.

If you support this then please like, only comment if you have any extra ideas or any criticism to this suggestion!

22 Likes

spelt infrared wrong, ignore my stupidity

4 Likes

maybe a camera that can be operated by a co-pilot

11 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

Good idea, support for this and the whole idea

6 Likes

eh, i don’t really give to much support to this since im not really sure this would be there IRL, i like the idea but maybe its just not for firestone

4 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

4 Likes

thank you sir!

4 Likes

very realistic actually

5 Likes

Actually is a thing, I’ve done work with CHP’s helicopter during search and rescue stuff. Their camera has IR, can zoom in close enough to make out faces, and shows road names over the roadways.

6 Likes

Support. I agree wholeheartedly with what Blaadam posted regarding a functioning camera system on the ASU helicopter(s) in V3. I believe it would heighten the level of roleplay for law enforcement given that air support pilots would be able to more realistically track and identify persons or vehicles. Something like a FLIR system mounted on the majority of law enforcement helicopters in real life would be adequate, allowing for pilots to zoom in into a certain portion of their screen or enter a targeting oriented mode where they can pan the camera and zoom in/out. There already is a FLIR camera mounted on the V2 ASU response helicopter although there is no system in place for pilots to actually use it.

6 Likes

Its used by the spotlight, makes no sense but it works

I do like your suggestion though, it would give Flight Officer’s something to do rather than being stuck on Ground Patrol until they’re a full Pilot.

2 Likes

@JamieWallace_RBLX

1 Like