V3 Fire Department System

This thread is intended for those that want to see v3’s fire and ems system much more developed than v2 and previous developments. As the goal for v3 is to fix the issues from the past and practically make every portion of the game enjoyable, I’m dedicating this thread to creating a list that will be possible to establish in v3. It is highly recommended that you be as specific as possible whereas I can easily edit it to what is possible and can be attempted to be done in v3. I will edit this thread as ideas pour in and I’ll update as development does begin.

Ideas for v3 from community

Actual Development Progress
not started (might add trello link here)

troll comments will result in suspensions.

7 Likes

Create a private ems service, which would be secondary. Like have the hospital in v3 have its own private ems service that would be secondary or just a private service. It would fix the problem of LEO’s who still wanna be in the EMS field but also LEO’s. It would obviously have to be overseen closely and have regulations. I think it would bring in even more rp, give DOH more to do, provide more jobs, etc.

5 Likes
  • Ditch the SCFD bus
  • Decrease the amount of working fires
  • The ratio of working fires to overall (automatic) callouts should be 2:100
  • Standpipe systems if that hasn’t already been discussed
  • And as another comment suggested, an additional EMS agency
9 Likes

more animations for SCFD vehicles and tools, and more fires

also for v3, please dont make SCFD godmodded

also please please please pretty please make scfd secondary (or make one of the firestations a volunteer fire dept [this is just my opinion])

6 Likes

That’s not a bad idea. However, this thread is dedicated for development improvements for the county-controlled fire department. Let’s give them development prior to even talking about the private-sector. As of right now, the private sector idea is just ridiculous, but definitely can be seen as something to discuss later down the line when SCFD becomes fully developed.

6 Likes

Add real smoke inside buildings that have caught flames and on the fan add a progress bar to show how much has been moved out of it.

3 Likes

Some calls that are generated by the game:
ie

• Gas Leaks
  • Hydrant Leaks
  • Brush Fires (I know this is coming)
  • Building collapses and or power line fires
  • Fire can spread
  • Interaction Menu
    This menu can be accessed by a SCFD member and they can select a person, once they select a person LifePak nodes, sp02 monitor, and other tools are attaches to the patient and attached to the Lifepak, the Medic then can select an option on the device, to ask a question to the patient (Pulse, Sp02, BP. And then the Patient can respond via a gui
8 Likes

for the noises that go off for calls make them more specific instead of fire or ambulance. Say like engine (number) or ambulance (number). Also if it’s a fire I recommend putting like the type of fire (residential, etc).

2 Likes

The private EMS company would have to undergo the same training as a regular SCFD member, and at that point they may as well just join SCFD. Plus, not many people would want to run that.

3 Likes

Add an air raid siren that goes off if all units off duty need to get on duty like a volunteer firefighter, but it summons everyone available on team for example.

2 Likes

There will be various different ambulances and engines, and you never know which is going to respond to what call, so that would be difficult. We currently have a manual system like that in V2, but the announcements have to be put in manually, which can be inconvenient and take up time when responding to a call

2 Likes

The whole point of creating a private EMS company would be to serve as a secondary for LEO’s who want to still do EMS work and be an LEO at the same time. It’s to fix the problem of LEO’s leaving SCFD to follow a carrier in LE. They would still be able to be an LEO and do EMS work on the side. But this isn’t a forum for the private sector like the Co-Founder said so I’ll leave it there, when the times comes hopefully we can discuss it more deeply.

2 Likes

Maybe have a health system for the buildings. If the building is on fire for a certain amount of time it may start to crumble and completely fall apart. The size of the building would dictate how fast the building deteriorates or some systems along those lines.

3 Likes

woops, i meant to put 2:10… but i mean, 2:50 is also an accurate ratio

2 Likes

I would like to see some sort of hose line/ water supply system implemented in-game. Maybe a water tank thats has an amount that is refillable and useable for a short period of time at a fire. I would also like to see more hoses that can be used. In V2, all we have is a supply-to-intake hose. I would like to see an engine-to-apparatus hose and well as an attack/cross lay that connects to the hydrant.

3 Likes

1. If you hit a fire hydrant and break it, it will spray out water. FD will have a tool to fix the broken fire hydrants.

PICTURES OF BROKEN FIRE HYDRANTS:

2. EMS bus. The EMS bus will be deployed if their is a mass attack and several citizens are injured (5+). There will be a certain rank to unlock the EMS bus.

PICTURE OF THE EMS BUS:*

3. I don’t know if this is coming or not, if a boat goes on fire, SCFD will have a Fireboat to take out the fire.

PICTURE OF THE FIREBOAT:

4. Hazardous leaks would be common at the Arbor Powerplant. The name would be called “hazardous response team” for SCFD. There will be a certain rank to unlock the hazardous response team truck.

PICTURE OF HAZARDOUS RESPONSE TEAM TRUCK:

5. If forest fires are coming to Firestone V3, SCFD should get a “Forest Fire Fighting Helicopter.” The Forest Fire Fighting Helicopter will respond to any forest fires around the county. The Forest Fire Fighting Helicopter will have a bucket of water to put out the forest fires.

*PICTURES OF THE FOREST FIRE FIGHTING HELICOPTER:

- b0org

3 Likes

Get rid of the squad, heavy rescue, and METU. Increase the amount of smoke conditions instead of working structure fires. Fully involved fires shouldn’t be a common occurrence at all. If anything fire, have it more towards auto/appliance/rubbish. Script fires which actually kill upon direct contact and smoke inhalation. SCBAs would have to be used with limited time depending on physical exertion. (Who doesn’t want to have to activate their PASS device when low air alarms go off or use a bailout kit anyways). With that, there needs to be more smoke to add poor visibility making it easier for a firefighter to become disoriented. With engine operations, include pumping since water cannot just magically flow at the right pressure. Include investigation responses for suspicious odor, gas, and carbon monoxide.

2 Likes

A real LUCAS pump and a realistic way to do overhaul or salvage whatever they call it but after scene clean up

3 Likes

This might be hard to do, but what if you made an interactive Q-siren? Rather than the Q being a recording of an actual siren, the actual sound file would just be a single-note tone. Holding down on a button would rise the siren, and letting it go would let the siren lower.

I’m no scripter, but I’d imagine you could just do something like wait(.05) then local(pitch) -.5 or something.

Thoughts?

4 Likes

YES, interactive q siren would be amazing

3 Likes