V3 Civilian Jobs/Expanding the Department of Public Works

Ok first this is partial piggy backing off of Oil Rigs, Working and Democracy this post however, more expanded. So for V3, from the oil rig idea to the parks and the rumor of random spawning in every city why just add a bunch of filler buildings? Now, I’m not talking as in the filler buildings of V1, I’m talking that of the many unused basically worthless take up space buildings we presently have in every city that go far unused. Yes, before the comments extend me, I know you can run a group, get 10 employees and run a business but presently, that doesn’t exactly work out and no one seems to be asking why. Suggestion idea?
Civilian Operated, Government Managed Business (I’ll specify on that, I don’t mean communism) In the quest to be over mayflower, there is one thing neither of the 2 states have achieved and that is, efficient civilian activities. Between the 2 states the majority of stuff to do is be a criminal or drive around, both of which can be done in countless other games anyway to not make this super long. By actually having civilians participate in jobs, they can establish a higher variety of roleplay as well, bring more incentives to joining the state for instance one suggestion.
Yes each citizen and tourist will still get a base pay however, those actively employed in a job say that they can just join the team to can earn higher wages, bring more activity to other cities, cooperate further will roleplay and extend perks. As well, this could give officers and first responders another side of the job to interact with every day people other then typical criminals like Philip (No offence Philip)
Now to the public works side. No offence to dpw but, you’re a bit useless however, that can be changed. Not only will role play businesses produce trash, they will also need public works management/advice. For that, I don’t have much other then the department of commerce and the department of public works assist in business ideas and advertisement for business jobs.
To conclude, in the suggestion especially in comments add any pros or cons please.
Civilian jobs bring further roleplay to the community and can bring in further activities.
Add higher pay (or decrease pay for non workers) to those who work jobs.
No need for joining groups to do the job (biggest reason people don’t do roleplay style jobs, don’t @ me I’ve been around long enough to have seen this proven)
Give us an edge over mayflower.

9 Likes

support

1 Like

Yes! Total support

1 Like

Support

1 Like

you can just like the post to support you know

1 Like

can someone tl;dr this big wall of text? it hurts my eyes.

for the record you can add a space in between paragraphs or ideas so it’s not one big eyesore of text.

2 Likes

Another idea/Suggestion that I may expand on at a later date.
Making cars cheaper
One of the best things I enjoy about mayflower is that almost everyone has a car, reason why, because they are dirt cheap.
Yes firestone car prices are realistic but at the same time majority of citizens don’t even have cars and that itself is not realistic.
I suggest either making cheaper crappy/run down ish vehicles for the poor to drive or lowering vehicle prices in general. With decreased prices, more vehicles will be on the road giving more realism and more of a change for leos to actually handle traffic infractions and such.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a small war for the Oil Rigs between some random gang and possibly, FNG

1 Like

Support. As a DPW Supervisor, I agree it gets boring.

2 Likes