[V3] Actual Wildlife for Parks

Not sure if this is already planned, but I couldn’t find anything about it on the V3 Trello

I think it’d be very cool to add actual animals to our parks. Common North American wildlife like deer, bucks, boars or ducks (even bears?). We could give them a random pathing script so they’d wander around the park, similar to the one we used for human NPCs.

Furthermore, maybe we could implement the possibility to kill and harvest carcasses for meat, skin and whatnot, which could be sold for a certain price using the same system we have planned for the fish. This would give an important purpose to Park Service, as they’d have to be on the lookout for poachers (that would imply adding hunting licenses or outlawing hunting altogether).

Additional idea: In the event that an animal somehow makes it out of the park, Park Service could act as animal control. Just give them a van and some tools (Animal Control: How to use the tools - YouTube) so they can transport it safely where it belongs.
Additional idea #2: Harvested products’ selling price could depend on their quality, which would be directly affected by the way the animal is put down. Clean headshot with a bolt action rifle would guarantee the highest selling price, while magdumping a buck with an Uzi would significantly lower it.

4 Likes

All great ideas

4 Likes

Great idea, but not sure if V3 could handle it.

2 Likes

Aigio has this feature, but I think there should be some other animals like cougars or snakes able to be hunted, but they can attack you, like in RDR2.

2 Likes

Would you mind elaborating on that?

1 Like

That’s a good idea, adds an element of risk to hunting (besides getting caught by the law if you’re doing it illegally)

Animating a snake in Roblox however seems painful

1 Like

the lag he means (I think)

1 Like