[V2 & V3] Diverging Diamond Interchange

Ok so I’m pretty sure everyone knows where this location is correct? Roblox (gyazo.com)

Every light has a wait of around 45 seconds so for drivers who are trying to reach there next destination yet wishes to follow the law safely we waste time and some if not most drivers who are impatient just cross the intersection while in red light (I of course do it when no LEO is present), with this accidents are always waiting to happen.

To decrease traffic and reduce the wait time I took the idea from the roundabout located in Redwood, it reduced the wait time, decrease traffic accidents, and pretty sure it decrease the lag if I am correct.

So there for I introduce the citizens of Firestone to the Diverging Diamond Interchange or DDI. How it works? Well just watch this video by CDOT: CDOT - How to Drive a Double Diamond Interchange (2020 Version) - YouTube

2 Likes

i like the idea but i think it might be too much work for the devs but idk

1 Like

why . . .

1 Like

wtf the DOJ needs to prosecute this criminal!

Honestly I think the solution to traffic light wait times is just make red lights more like a give way/yield sort of thing. Traffic on green has priority, but if the intersection is clear then drivers on red can go through. I know it wouldn’t make much sense irl, but firestone generally has low traffic volumes. Either that, or just convert all intersections into mini or standard size roundabouts.

2 Likes

i think this would be too complicated for majority of fs citizens to understand.

4 Likes

You do realise that DDIs also have two sets of traffic lights, right? The problem is the wait time, not the layout of the intersections. The solution here is to decrease the wait time.

4 Likes

diverging diamond interchanges are sexy as hell but will SOMEONE think of the crown vic drivers?!?!

2 Likes

lol not making this

2 Likes