V2 to V3 Transition

With the transition period from v2 how would you prefer it?

1. Abrupt, upon v3 having sufficient content for it to be playable, v2 would be shut down and the v3 merge process would begin
  2. Gradual, over time v3 will receive updates and it will be up to the general player base when they’re ready to transition to v3 (v2 dies out and v3 is favoured). Incentives to play v3 will be offered.
  3. Mixture of both 1 and 2. Incentives to play v3 will be in place, however, v2 will be closed after a period of time.
  • Abrupt
  • Gradual
  • Mixture of both, Abrupt and Gradual

0 voters

If you have any further comments on how to improve the period, please list it in the comments.

1 Like

I think departments need time to adjust their policies etc for v3. Maybe if there was some sort of defined period of time (say like 2-3 months?) for everyone to get fully prepared to transition entirely to v3.

5 Likes

2-3 months is way too long, 1 month tops.

1 month before the release of V3, that is when the V3 training for departments should probably begin to get familiar with mechanics.

Department heads should be briefed by the founders to adjust policies accordingly, not by playing V3

5 Likes

Us here in Redwood have been starting to include V3 in our bills for stuff that LEO’s would be enforcing, as well as our seals. I agree with @passthebottle in how department/government heads should be given a heads up as to when V3 will be officially cannon and the main focus.

4 Likes

i may be the only one to believe this, but could we wait until like Christmas break or next summer idk I say this because i think the transition would be a lot more popular during these times and more ppl would join idk u get the point

6 Likes

Fed could easily run adverts aswell…

2 Likes

V2 should be played out regardless, as when V3 becomes stable and official, a lot of policies would conflict with v2 in departments

3 Likes

or idea the fourth, start work on V4, say it’ll come in a year, and push it back 7, only for it to not remotely live up to expectations

for it to also have been leaked early in development so then other Roblox developers come out in support and start posting their pre-alpha builds of games

9 Likes

That’s already being worked on, although a few people in certain areas, in general, not meaning to target anyone, are dragging their feet

1 Like