[V2] Radio Paging Suggestion

Greetings,

One of the best quality of life updates that has occured to v2 was the radio channel update, making it must easier to contact units without asking for them in every channel. However, one of the issues we still face in V2 is contacting units in channels that we do not have access to. Yes, this is very limited in some situations becuase units can be in those channels for a reason, but it can also be quite helpful. For example, when DHS is in CPTL, there is no way to contact them without dming them on discord or someone finding them in game. Or when SWAT/DHS are conducting JOPS at a hostage situation @ capitol for example, there is a loss of communaction usually between patrol of them since they speak in the two different channels. A way to fix this issue would be a “page” option.

I feel if there was a option to either perhaps press the person’s department logo and or even add a seperate button such as a (!) by their channel, it would page this person in game by giving them a sound and or showing them a text on their screen that they’ve been paged by X Unit in X channel.

if you like the idea, like it, commenting support does nothing

30 Likes

What if instead of this, if you mentioned a callsign in the radio, no matter what channel the unit is in, it would ping them.

For example, if someone says “Direct 4S03, ----”, and 4S03 is in TAC2, they would get some type of notification or flashing indicator saying that they’ve been mentioned in PRMY.

17 Likes

I agree

3 Likes

I support this

3 Likes

I take this as a compliment :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Potentially also whole departments like “DOT” would page all the PEs online (could get out of hand but its a thought)

1 Like

This is a great idea and I can see that being really useful

1 Like