[V2] Adding in Uniform Givers

Recently the Firestone Discord channel used for requesting funds was deleted leaving many new employees without a way to reliably receive robuxs for uniforms. This brings up the question again as to why the developers can’t add a uniform giver in game for all the different teams.

This would significantly help new employees within departments as well as instructors in departments as they could just simply go into the county once the trainee was ready for their practical assessment instead of waiting for uniform funds.

Additionally, as a person who works for the state, you don’t want to pay money for a job that is training based instead of pay to play based. It just isn’t fair to take advantage of employees of the state to pay for a uniform and still be required to be employees and subject to high realistic regulations. Many departments in real life provide a uniform for their employees to wear while at work. In the instances they are required to pay for their uniform, they just use the money they earn at their job in order to pay it off. In Firestone, employees don’t get paid robux for patrolling or beings active, nor should they. However, if they don’t get paid with robux, the least that can be provided is a free uniform either in game or funds to buy the required uniform.

What are your thoughts on this?

• Add A Uniform Giver
  • Require Employees to Pay For Uniforms Out of Pocket

0 voters

12 Likes

Another pro to a uniform giver is allowing uniforms to be used for different purposes. You no longer have to own all the uniforms and instead could switch between the reflective vest when doing a traffic control scenario than back to the normal Class A when back to normal service.

4 Likes

Support for v3, I don’t think it’s needed in v2 considering pretty much everyone has already bought the uniforms.

11 Likes

Yeah, this is for new employees though who might not have the uniform available to them. I’d be good for V2 if they just provide just a basic one uniform thing for each department. So for SCSO they’d just have a uniform giver for the class A shirt and the basic pants.

If they could add various uniforms, that’d be great! But, if it is easier to just add one type than I am perfectly fine with that. Having at least one uniform ready to go is better than no uniform.

6 Likes

@ParrotChattin since you voted on this poll to make employers pay out of pocket, r u gonna be paying for all of the dhs uniforms

12 Likes

Expecting employees to pay out of pocket and get nothing in return is not cool, especially expecting the Hicomm to pay for 20 trainees. This is even harder when they need multiple uniforms. All the money goes to Fedora, not like the command can get it back.

8 Likes

don’t SCFD have uniform givers in county already? don’t see why that couldn’t just be made more modern (such as the uniform giver in some other states and games like LC) and put at other team spawns

5 Likes

SCFD has bunkers ingame so we don’t need to reset for a call, but we have to buy our station uniforms, formals, and our Class A/B/Cs too

6 Likes

It hurts feds paycheck if he does this

4 Likes

Somewhat, we only have givers for our bunker/turnout gear.

3 Likes

It’s already being added to V3, but I support this being added to V2 because it’s good for some employee’s that don’t have enough Robux to buy uniforms.

5 Likes

Ok so hear me out here. It’s a bit of a pain having to equip uniform on your ROBLOX avatar on the website (depending on the platform you use). It’s especially a pain for those who change division, like FSP ground → FSP:ASU or SCSO Patrol SWAT → Active SWAT or whatever you guys call it.

For example, if you’re changing from FSP ground to FSP ASU and there’s a pursuit going on of an armed black SRT in the night and you just have to get in the air. But you cant because you have to go and change your uniform and then change team/reset and then sort your tools and then you can fly. Or if there’s a bank robbery and SWAT needs to deploy. They’ve been requested and we’re currently patrolling, but to deploy they have to change their uniform, reset/change team, sort their inventory again, and then actually respond.

Theres a simple solution to these small but annoying problems: uniform lockers. They aren’t too hard to make and many groups have them. You’d just join the game, go on team, and click the locker and pick your uniform. And if you’re changing division (as I added examples for earlier), you’d just return to the station (where you’d need to go to change vehicle anyway) and click the locker, change your uniform, and change your callsign by clicking it on the radio. You wouldn’t have to reset or change your avatar at all.

Don’t just say I’m lazy because I’m sure divisional personnel will agree with me. Sometimes by the time you get in the air the suspect is long gone or arrested. Or I assume by the time SWAT deploys the situation might have came to an end in some way or another?

8 Likes

[V2] waste of time

6 Likes

if its already in v3, it would just be copying and pasting it into v2.
hardly a waste of time.

9 Likes

Not to mention that V3 is still a ways out

Still not sure why they haven’t done anything with in-game clothing change scripts, it’s pretty much been a constant ask for those who don’t have robux.

5 Likes

Sometimes I forget that there’s no uniform giver from other games so I have to spend a few minutes putting it on, support

4 Likes

money

5 Likes

I avoid this by switching my callsign and put on my uniform all whilst I’m resetting, works pretty well actually

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes