Turning on the Spotlight: A look into tonight's controversial House Session

Firestone citizens,

On Tuesday the 9th of August 2022, the House of Representatives hosted a session to clear the docket. During the session, I motioned to reconsider A Joint Resolution to Establish the Sergeant at Arms, motioned pass and we moved on to the voting. Representatives crankyIuke, connor8033, Baconman1499, and Hmmm_Poul ayed this resolution, Speaker Pro Tempore L_3ee, Representatives EndocryneIndex, and SirArtemisMarshall nayed this. Meaning there was a clear majority and it passed, however Representatives L_3ee and EndocryneIndex left the game before the Speaker of the House called the vote, meaning we lost quorum and had to adjourn and the vote did not count. Speaker Pro Tempore L_3ee could still be seen in the Firestone State Legislature voice channel and he alongside Representative EndocryneIndex both blamed their departure on a “wifi cut out”. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

The voice channel consisted of the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE ADMIRAL_RICKY, Speaker Pro Tempore L_3ee, and Deputy Sergeant at Arms xM_inn, why am I saying this? WELL… the Speaker waited an AWFUL LONG TIME to declare the votes, meaning he could have been waiting for Lee to leave so that quorum would have been lost…

After the session adjourned, the Speaker stated in the State Legislature discord that “bcas have confirmed that the voting isn’t binding”, HOWEVER… a BCA told me that he told ricky (ADMIRAL_RICKY) that the votes should count, SO WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Nowhere does it say that a vote has to last a certain time, or that the presiding officer has to call the vote, also meaning that the presiding officer can NEVER call a vote until THEY get the result that they want. And let me tell you, during the initial debate the Speaker of the House expressed his disliking of the Resolution… proving even more that he NEVER wanted this to pass.

It does not matter if you agree on the resolution or not, what matters now is how the 3 individuals acted during the session.

Express your thoughts below…

6 Likes

sorry its just wifi

5 Likes

I was a witness of them in the voice chat! I saw it with my both eyes as I was calling NarcFish82 a narc!

4 Likes

just an average day in the glorious state of firestone

FrostEspresso Signature

2 Likes

i concur with crankyluke

3 Likes

My wifi had issues, I’d informed ADMIRAL_RICKY of this in DMs hence he took so long to start voting procedures.

2 Likes

It’s really up for interpretation. With that being said, leaving a session to end quorum is a doche move toward halting the legislative process.

3 Likes

Oh crankycluke, make a post on me please.

4 Likes

You were still in VC when you left the game, and you did the same when we motioned to reconsider the resolution. You clearly left on purpose so that we lost quorum. Contempt of Congress.

Two wifi cutouts, at the exact time? No.

3 Likes

My wifi was having issues meaning not fully gone kaboom, I was in VC but got ‘awaiting endpoint’ hence it showed me in the VC. My wifi was not strong enough to connect to ROBLOX so it disconnected me.

2 Likes

same goddamit

2 Likes

You disconnect at the same time as Representative EndocryneIndex and just before the Speaker could call the vote? You did the exact same thing when I motioned to recall it, however only you left the game meaning we didn’t lose quorum and could continue, you desperately needed another Representative to leave with you, which is what you got.

2 Likes

It would appear that I did disconnect at the same time as him yes! Must have been the same broadband provider?

2 Likes

share your dms with him! nothing to hide, is there?

2 Likes

wow Representative Cranky you really have opened my eyes these people are corrupt and I think you should enforce strict dietary restrictions upon them so they can lose some weight and stop being so corrupt!!

3 Likes

I agree. These people need to leave office.

3 Likes

Sure.

2 Likes

Took an awfully long time to get that screenshot, you left the session twice, you failed the first time and succeeded the second time. Corruption!

1 Like

bro people have their own lives lol, dont expect them to reply 1milisecond after you reply lmao

4 Likes

who cares

6 Likes