๐•ฎ๐–—๐–Ž๐–’๐–Š ๐–Ž๐–“ ๐•ฑ๐–Ž๐–—๐–Š๐–˜๐–™๐–”๐–“๐–Š

Alright, fellas, Iโ€™m going to keep this real short and sweet. Crime in Firestone hasnโ€™t really been that great in a very long time. Now we do, undeniably, have some great criminals who have earned the respect of relatively everyone in Firestone, however, crime as a whole just isnโ€™t that great anymore. The sense of pride and the ability to roleplay that once existed in Firestone, has ceased to exist. Now, I wonโ€™t pin all the blame on the criminals, as many cops, legislators, and other people within our government are partially at fault for the lack of roleplay. Criminals have become less motivated to interact and roleplay because of pick and choose jail times, extremely expensive illegal firearms, and the extreme difficulty behind performing certain actions, such as robbing a bank or performing kidnappings, or whatever. And then thereโ€™s the few who come to Firestone with zero interest in actually roleplay, theyโ€™re just here to create a mess for someone else to clean up. As for the cops in Firestone, Iโ€™d say theyโ€™re suspect #2 for the ongoing problem with crime. Between the overt and unchecked abuse and misconduct, the misuse of their tools and abilities, and them performing certain actions to make the lives of criminals hell. A line needs to be established between crime deterrence, and game-ruining crime prevention. Historically speaking, legislators generally pass legislation to add to their portfolio. I donโ€™t mean that in a way where Iโ€™m calling them out as individuals, itโ€™s just how things work in congress. With that being said, they have a tendency to pass laws that quite obviously disrupt the basic day-to-day activities of roleplay in Firestone. While they donโ€™t account for a large portion of the blame here, theyโ€™re still at partial fault for their tendency to pass poor legislation without consulting the people. Often times, criminals will reach out to these individuals in an attempt to mend potential problems that have risen as a result of their legislation pieces, only to be ignored and be viewed as inferior humans simply because they do crime. As a whole, crime is often bagged on heavily by the community, and criminals are unnecessarily harassed strictly because of what they choose to do in game. Personally, being someone whoโ€™s participated in verbally mistreating criminals, I regret my actions after seeing what they go through. What people donโ€™t realize is that we rely on these individuals to give law enforcement, government officials, etc to do, they are one of the foundations of Firestone.

Slightly shifting back to the topic at the start of the rant, crime hasnโ€™t been the same in a long time, and Iโ€™m mainly referring to organized crime. From my point of view, organized crime never had a proper grip in Firestone, hence why barely any organizations survived past a few months from inception. The constant failures and inadequacies have been the result of a lack of interest in roleplaying, a lack of leadership, and the absence of structure within these organizations. I donโ€™t mean this in a way to offend the leaders of previous gangs and other organizations, but it seems like many of them werenโ€™t interested in roleplaying. They were more interested in the actual gameplay itself. Now that we have a more prominent agency dedicated to organized crime, I feel that now is the perfect time for organized crime groups in Firestone to make a potential comeback, hence why Iโ€™ve launched my own campaign to form an organization. I encourage those criminals, especially some of the more notable ones, to give another crack at creating organized crime groups. Now, in my eyes, is the perfect time to make those attempts. Weโ€™re closing in on v3, v2 has received quite a few beneficial and healthy updates, and now thereโ€™s an entire department dedicated to combatting organized crime. Thank you for reading another episode of my ranting, have blessed night. See you out on the streets.

Signed,
๐’Ÿ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐’ž๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐’ธ๐‘’๐“‚๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰

13 Likes

too many word, break down, head hurt, screen line blur brain no comprende.

5 Likes

I always try to advocate for criminals especially in Congress. This is a major priority for our administration this term.

I think many people dont understand how necessary supporting both sides is especially the legislature. I think that itโ€™s our job to make sure what we are doing is fair. Many try to say that we shouldnโ€™t be reasonable because โ€œcrime is unethicalโ€ and use that to justify stuff such as a 3 day long prison sentence. Thereโ€™s also arguments to be made regarding government officials being kidnapped. I wonโ€™t get into it obviously but itโ€™s a very important thing for people to realize the way the state works

Could I know who specifically and in regards to what?

7 Likes

Don :flushed:, ah shit, here we go.

4 Likes

All hail Don CanineEnforcement

4 Likes

I would join u, but I donโ€™t want to lose post cert that I already spent WAY too much time on. I feel like a group of current LEOโ€™s would feel the sameโ€ฆ

9 Likes

I donโ€™t blame you.

7 Likes

wait you loose a post cert if you go crim??!

4 Likes

yeah that should be obvious

2 Likes

maybe allow officers to do crime off duty and youโ€™d see the value of roleplay increase dramatically

5 Likes

why is it โ€˜obviousโ€™ โ€“ a post cert is a certification that you have been trained and are capable as a police officer; going crim doesnโ€™t devalue oneโ€™s skill, like how having the cert and not working in a LEA would also not devalue the cert.

2 Likes

because when you get a post cert you make an oath that is a binding part of it, part of that oath explains to always uphold your best standards and leo duties, shooting kids and robbing banks doesnt really reflect the best leo standards

2 Likes

no offence (iโ€™m not directing this towards you personally)

itโ€™s a fucking game. you need โ€˜dramatic licenseโ€™ for things like this to make it enjoyable.

3 Likes

point still stands

2 Likes

yeah you do and it never made much sense to me, itโ€™s a certification to state that youโ€™re capable of becoming a LEO

not to mention that only some people whoโ€™ve gone criminal then back to legal get their POST certs reinstated
friends

2 Likes

we need a supply and distribution system to trade items for orginized crime to exist

we also need more things to do for normal citizens instead of hanging out at cd, like houses and stuff

thatโ€™s all imo

5 Likes

โ€œmaybe allow officers to do crime off duty and youโ€™d see the value of roleplay increase dramaticallyโ€
โ€œwe need a supply and distribution system to trade items for orginized crime to exist
we also need more things to do for normal citizens instead of hanging out at cd, like houses and stuff
thatโ€™s all imoโ€
yes and more yes

2 Likes

I feel like having an alternative account as a LEO or criminal to experience another side should be allowed more tbh, the only thing restricting it is departments. Having an alt is allowed moderation wise by the Founders unless youโ€™re permanently banned from FS, so I feel like there should be some sort of rule that departments canโ€™t fire someone over having an alt lol

5 Likes

I think congress made it illegal to own a USB (not sure) however, I believe that making the USB illegal was completely unnecessary. What if once in a blue moon I had an idea for a RP where owning a USB is necessary for my RP that has no crime involved?

3 Likes

it makes sense for the USB Firewall to be illegal but like, congress wanted to make it a FELONY charge with almost the same time as attempted murder, which makes ZERO sense

3 Likes