Timestamps on Radio Transmissions

Just an idea, but I thought it would be nice to have a timestamp (if it’s even possible) on the radio so you can know when the last message was said in that channel. Maybe in 24hr format to save space, and in EST as always? Just an idea, what do y’all think?

22 Likes

I like it but if we did do that, where would it have room because of our badge, callsign, and transmission?

4 Likes

It could be added at the end in parenthesis, idk it would be where they see most fit

4 Likes

You could always just extend the radio display to the right more, fit a Timestamp either at the end or the start if you did.
Concern would mainly be about cutting off text if it’s on the right hand side.

3 Likes

there’s timestamps in the bottom left corner of the game and right on your PC- just grab a screenshot of the radio with time if its really needed, this would really just waste space trying to see past it IMO. if its a POID issue PC time, radio, and ERU are more then enough to establish it.

Concern would mainly be about cutting off text if it’s on the right-hand side.

radio goes to infinity rightways till you hit the edge of the screen, so not a problem.

3 Likes

Ah alrighty

3 Likes

The problem is when you join a channel, and you have no idea what that last message is about. It could be from 5 min ago, or 2 days ago.

4 Likes

I mean yeah, but you could reasonable assume a situation isn’t active anymore if there isn’t any chatter or they’ve went back to prmy, etc. It wouldn’t hurt anything to add a timestamp but I don’t see any huge benefit either (even though it is just a take chat + append referencing the time in the bottom left, so not a lot of work)

4 Likes

Perhaps instead of this include a countdown in seconds for each radio message?

4 Likes

(Sorry for late response, just seen the forum pop up) It’d be cool but the radio doesn’t allow for much text to be said as it is before it goes off the edge and sometimes it can be hard to read the transmission with no background. The idea of extending the length of the radio could work but then there’s also people with smaller screens where the radio takes up most of it as it is.
Something we do in SCFD when we code to SCFD channel is once the scenes clear, the incident commander will send a message that basically says that command is terminated, at what time it’s terminated and for all apparatus to pack up and rtq.

I’m not an LEO and am not POST cert but an idea is something similar could be done in tac channels when there’s a scene - someone takes scene command and then upon ending the scene, they say that something along the lines of that the scenes code 4 at whatever time and then tell everyone to go back to prmy.

5 Likes

I have an idea, maybe if you hover over a message in the radio for like 3 seconds a pop up will pop up, and say when it was put into the radio, but goes away when you move your mouse of their message.

4 Likes

im sorry but like is it really that hard for text to just wrap downwards??

4 Likes

Support, maybe add what Ryidied said

4 Likes

It’s not but I don’t think the dev who made it thought about that when they created it and were going for aesthetics instead

4 Likes

aesthetics

there’s aesthetics in v2?

4 Likes

i don’t read things but how useful this would be!

4 Likes