Thoughts on the Firestone Police Explorers?

Good evening gents.

What are your current thoughts about the Firestone Police Explores Program?

Is there anything you wanna see changed? etc.

2 Likes

good job mark couldnt be prouder of ur work

6 Likes

what is dis, they explore like explorers? woah

2 Likes

wā€¦

I do not touch the probies u weirdo

2 Likes

For now, in my opinion, itā€™s an exceptional start and itā€™s amazing, with the amount of police explorers and with such events, iā€™m pretty sure that in the future, The Firestone Police Exploring is going to get better and better.

2 Likes

Thank you for your touching words, more events with Departments to get the Cadets interacting with them. Ex: Crossfire trainings, explains how much crossfire is an issue in the field and how they can learn from it, etc.

2 Likes

Perfect.

3 Likes

Unrealistic from what real police explorers do. They should be trained like a police officer should thatā€™s at least how my program works and once you complete it you get a credit for POST (MSPOC) for me. Theyā€™re should also be actual rank like the Police Department and those explorers the higher ranking would actually run the explorers and the advisors will just set up everything like the events etcā€¦

2 Likes

useless and a complete waste of time

5 Likes

Thereā€™s actual ranks like an actual police department my manā€¦

The only reason why the advisors are going everything is because it quite literally JUST started. People with ranks once there in place will actually host trainingā€™s and have there own units.

2 Likes

Tbh surprisingly enough its gathered an actual audience thatā€™s eager to join POST & learn about the LEO life to better be trained before heading off to POST. This program basically makes SURE that there ready to actually become an LEO along with POST ofc. Additional help isnā€™t bad at all tbh. If anything it should be boosting competency rates in the near future if it really does come down too it.

2 Likes

pretty gay if u ask me

2 Likes

pretty useless tbh, not see why we actually have it.

2 Likes

you guys need an hq

2 Likes

no, that would also be useless

2 Likes

Gay (5 characters)

2 Likes

It is useless but you canā€™t blame mark for that. Fedora wants it and mark is running it. However, I do think the program is going good ngl

2 Likes

Whatā€¦How is this program useless? Iā€™ve seen plenty of people go through POST, Graduate, Join a dep, only to say ā€˜It was not worth my time, I do not care to be an LEOā€™, the Explorers gives you a great experience of what it would be like without earning a POST certification, or even enlisting in POST for that matter. For example, say POST is closed, and someone wants to get ready for POST when it opens say within next month. The explorers would help them get prepared for the POST. It is no way ā€˜uselessā€™ and is actually a huge benefit. Letā€™s be real here, Firestone has a lot of noobs, and somehow, noobs have trouble getting into POST, Now they can EASILY join the explorers to gain experience and even learn everything about POST. I want the program to keep growing itā€™s doing amazing so far.

4 Likes

Seems pretty unnecessary. It would be more appropriate for each department to have their own independent ride along program (barring any sort of classified or highly dangerous operations). My guess is that FPE will lose interest and ultimately dwindle and die. The aforementioned system has worked fine for years. I donā€™t see why we would change now.

Alternatively, if you really wanted to make some sort of uniformed curriculum for strictly law enforcement ā€œride-alongs,ā€ it would be better placed under POST. But hey, what do I know? I just work here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes