Thoughts on Stapleton County Fire Department?

Do any of you realize that DeniedSettings filed false DPS cases against SCFD after targeting them? Guys.

1 Like

honestly i think SCFD is cool and so is mrzip so i dont care

1 Like

SCFD is cool. Stop hating them just because you werenā€™t accepted into the department or some shit like that (I wouldnā€™t hire you tbh) so please do all of us a favour and delete your account so we have more space for actual cool peopl

1 Like

I mean I think mrzip stopped operations so he can review policy with his employees. Since one complaint = fires from SCFD

2 Likes

You may be right on the inactivity part, but I donā€™t see corruption at all.

1 Like

sigh guess iā€™m back here again, discussing the same old controversies.
WARNING
THIS RANT IS REALLY LONG.
AND IT WILL GET HEATED.

place rant in microwave for 420 seconds at maximum power.
press stop only when rant begins blazing at 69 seconds before completion.
hahahaha weed jokes.

k.

yay jeff's back again here's another rant

The SCFD is founded upon two things. Quality and quantity.

Quality comes from us (well, technically not including me, but ā€˜usā€™ for the record) relying on curriculums and aspects of the service being vigorously researched and taught by trained real life professionals within the field. This may mean that the outside observer has no idea what a laryngoscope is, or what the different numbers used in the gauge of needles means, but, reflecting real life, the fire department, and medical response by extension, is a very meticulous and precise department that requires this quality to ensure that not only is everything realistic and correct, but it ensures that plastic virtual LEGO buildings and plastic virtual LEGO people donā€™t melt to the ground.

Quantity comes from the ever present need to staff the Fire Department. From what Iā€™ve heard, since Mack, the department prospered, peaked, then declined in membership. The Firestone Fire Academy was Mackā€™s attempt at reforming the academy system to not only be higher quality, but also to encourage more people to join the SCFD. And, for a while, it worked, but very few people who went through the candidacy system came out the other side. Now, and again, this is from what Iā€™ve heard since Iā€™ve been busy having a life, the SCFD is dependent on quantity over quality- theyā€™re pushing more and more members through the system in order to provide better staffing and better responses, especially in timezones foreign to the United States, but at the cost of quality of their teachings.

Where thereā€™s quality, thereā€™s a deficiency in quantity. Where thereā€™s quantity, thereā€™s a deficiency in quality.

There are several factors that attribute to both sides, but the key factor is this:

Firefighting and paramedicine will not be, and never will be, as appealing as law enforcement, on account of being given a badge, a shooty shooty bang bang, an overly painful electrical Nerf dart gun, and the ability to legally kidnap people, especially on a platform meant for kids, where preteens can walk around with their ego held high and be able to shoot people up rather than save peopleā€™s lives.

This disparity between quality and quantity was the first reason for the shutdown, in fact, Iā€™m pretty sure it was the biggest factor for it. Where the SCFD failed in activity, it made up for in quality- and, during those times, it never really did come under any serious DPS investigation. Where the SCFD now fails in quality, itā€™s made up for in quantity. Again, from what Iā€™ve heard, while the academy system now is successful, the staff are as dumb as doornails, and canā€™t tell one scene protocol from the next. Weā€™ve dropped vital parts of our academy- including a meticulous hands on course that required candidates to show competency in understanding the material before graduating and beginning actual ridealongs.

And not even in that regard- the SCFD, because of its nature, is also staffed by real life professionals. The problem is, almost all those professionals canā€™t seem to leave their ego alone. Itā€™s like they have to bring up that theyā€™re a volunteer firefighter for some rural town in Somewheresville, ā€˜Murica, and have to rub it in other peopleā€™s noses, including those of other responders, who also have the same view. Is it because of a healthy rivalry within the SCFD? Yes it is. Is it the result of years of toxicity and people being unwilling to compromise with each other simply because they think theyā€™re better than everybody else on a kidsā€™ game, and that their rank in the Fire Department actually has merit? Yes it is. Am I trying to discredit their job and career and their certifications? No, I think itā€™s fantastic that theyā€™re choosing to serve their fellow citizens, and that itā€™s noble and valorous of them to dedicate their lives to such a meticulous and dangerous area of work. But the line has to be drawn somewhere, and when you decide that a personā€™s job outweighs another personā€™s accomplishments on a meaningless game, thatā€™s not only their ego, but itā€™s the other personā€™s resentment that grows.
Trust me, I was passed up being appointed Chief Training Officer for the FFA twice. And while it was nice to see other people that were definitely more qualified than me based on their real life knowledge get the job, I felt that I was looked down upon by my higher ranks despite the efforts I had made to my students (note ā€˜studentsā€™, not ā€˜cadetsā€™, theyā€™re people, not soldiers), and the innovations I had made where regular parts of the academy had failed, and that made my thought process all the more radical.

Many of the High Command that you complain about now are old members from the later days of the Golden Age of the SCFD.
When it comes to it, I feel that mrzip, whom I once commanded, but also argue that heā€™s much more qualified than me, has led the department well for what itā€™s worth. Heā€™s remained focused on the goals at hand, and heā€™s managed to successfully bring the SCFD back to some sort of remnant of its former self, despite the naysayers (including myself). While I remain neutral on this whole aspect because of my having been away, I still hold firm in seeing what else heā€™s able to do during his tenure as Fire Chief.
That goes for the others as well, including TDS and Dr0xy.

And is there an excuse for their inactivity? I donā€™t know, maybe itā€™s the same reason why people are always so active on here and never offline-

THEY HAVE ACTUAL LIVES.

Iā€™m not on here anymore because Iā€™m going to college. I actually just got back from taking the math placement exam to determine which mathematics class I need to register for. Trust me, I think Iā€™m gonna have to take remedial courses, but thatā€™s not the point here; the point is, I HAVE A LIFE NOW. And with their need to look after themselves in real life, and to attend to their own work as

real life firefighters and paramedics, of fucking COURSE theyā€™re going to be INACTIVE and NOT BE ON ALL DAY.

Because what YOU VALUE in a MEANINGLESS KIDSā€™ GAME is a VERY low bar below what you should ACTUALLY be valuing. But I digress, because as a former Chief Paramedic- the same position my also-formerly-under-my-command comparde Dr0xy occupies- I can attest that their inactivity is not only brought on by their need to work in real life to serve their actual communities rather than this toxic one full of people (and Iā€™m going to say it because you certainly seem the type to me) like you, but because of the need to look over all the aspects of running a department, which I can certainly say that you havenā€™t done anytime while youā€™ve been around for who knows how long, that ARENā€™T VISIBLE TO THE NAKED EYE, and require ACTUAL INTERNAL INSIGHT for said work to even be SEEN. FOR EXAMPLE.

PAPERWORK.

The Fire Department has several separate Trello boards dedicated to several separate topics of note, including activity logs, inactivity notices, lists of employees, employee badges and callsigns, employee warnings, strikes, suspensions, terminations, certifications, suspensions of certifications, pending investigations, department liaisoning, training curriculums, the research BEHIND said curriculums, et fucking cetera. You want to complain about them being inactive? Pile on the stress added by their jobs, pile on the stress added by the toxicity and piles and piles of shit that needs to be done for a virtual kidsā€™ game, and then come back to us and cry and complain and whine about them being inactive, cause youā€™ll be begging for that vacation.

And not to devalue anybody here, including Salv, but why would we, in fact, prefer him over zip? The SCFD needs time, not immediate fucking change. The radical instability of DPS in attempting to change how the Fire Department operates and not getting through to the problems at heart- the toxicity, the quality of the mass employment campaign, the fact that if we decapitate High Command, there will not be any more qualified people to replace them, and those that we do replace them with will either be the same people that we promised to remove, or grossly incompetent twelve year olds, means that any changes they attempt will ultimately make an already highly unstable department, being unable to balance quality and quantity, even more unstable.
For all the same reasons listed above, and while, once more, Iā€™m not doubting Salvā€™s abilities, Salv is simply not the change we need right now. Thrusting the added stress back upon him when heā€™s sitting on a beach chair in retirement sipping a pina colada in the apparatus bay in his own fire station would be heavily destabilizing for his career, and his new methods, while they would obviously be made to bring about change, would radically change the Department. Again.
Didnā€™t we learn about this with the transfer from FSFA to FFA back to FSFA to whatever dumbass system we have now?

So, what should we do, then? If High Command is so grossly inactive but not inactive because theyā€™re working on shit that rarely if ever gets seen by the public? If the Department is full of egotistic people who slam their badge down like aā€¦ well, badge of honor and merit, and of people who canā€™t comprehend their left hand from their right, while all the kiddies who we should be appealing to are busy playing cops and robbers and complaining when they get shot?

The DPS investigation and audit of the department was absolutely fucking necessary to ensure the survival of the departmentā€™s reputation. What the department lacks in reputation, it makes up for in controversy. What the department lacks in controversy, it makes up for in reputation.

Fedoraā€™s disruption of the shutdown means the highly necessary crackdown on immaturity, incompetence, and toxicity was unable to be carried out to its fullest possible extent. While this shutdown meant the removal of all fire department services, the tradeoff would be infinitely better: higher quality members at the cost of quantity.

And this is a kidsā€™ game. A kidsā€™ game. The objective question of whether or not the fire department should remain open during this audit is only one answered by one asking for the impossible: hyperrealism.

In a world where people are allowed to go rogue and arrest people at random and shoot out of car rooftops and yada yada and all that crap that Iā€™ve seen way too much of.

Your argument, while it claims to be attempting to not attack anybody personally, crosses several lines that interfere with the personal lives of those who serve in our Fire Department. You offer to trade off one qualified person for another, not bothering to realize the instability and uncertainty that comes with the utter decapitation and replacement of command.

Find a better way to deal with the problem. Because whatever youā€™ve proposed, homeboi, ainā€™t solving anything.

I donā€™t think I discussed everything I wanted to discuss in this thread, but that lays out a few good ground rules and points I think should be brought up and talked about. Edit button goes away in an hour, so screw me over twice with a hammer and sickle if I come up with anything else after this. Possible replies.

Iā€™m a former Chief Paramedic and former Chief Training Officer for the Fire Department and the Fire Academy.
Beat that with a stick.

https://youtu.be/3jWOamlD9_8?t=120

if you watch the whole video fitzgerald (the admiral/ chairman of the joint chiefs) says the unit got over social change and that can be applied here, but thatā€™s not the point iā€™m trying to make hereeeeeeeeeee lol

4 Likes

They werenā€™t false you literal moron. One had action - the other the DPS secretary failed to take proper action because thatā€™s the illiterate person he is.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t apply to that department ever under mrzipā€™s leadership. He isnā€™t and more than likely wont ever be suited to be a decent leader.

1 Like

Like it or not, we live in a society where we can express opposing beliefs openly, and regard anybody else as lunatic ā€œliteral moronsā€ who are unable to accept change, however radically and morally turbulent those beliefs may be.

Is mrzip perfect? No, of course he isnā€™t, weā€™re all human, and that means we all have our flaws and are dependent on things other than our reputation on a meaningless virtual kiddie game.
But to declare him something lesser than a suitable and ā€˜decentā€™ leader is way off what heā€™s managed to do.
When Mack vacated the office, zip was forced to handle an ailing department with the groundwork already laid out, but decreasing in membership; if I remember, it was somewhere in the high sixties.
Heā€™s managed to not only keep it afloat, but take in new members, increasing the count to 89 overall members, reinstate the Search and Rescue Division, and, at its core, keep the Fire Department open and able to provide services to Firestone.

Also, youā€™re dealing with a thread full of former SCFD members- InspiringFlame, Razor, me. I think we know what weā€™re talking about.

A leader who can bring about change is better than not having a leader at all.
I promoted mrzip to Paramedic in Charge because of his efforts and his literacy, and he maintained that leadership during my waning days in the Fire Department.
I was one of the naysayers who said the SCFD would never really be able to recover- and Iā€™m certainly credible enough to say that- but look at where it is now.
If itā€™s flawed, at least itā€™s alive.

3 Likes

the same people that call it a kidde game are the same people who make laws in a kiddie game

1 Like

pick out the difference between me and jefrafra, iā€™m retired mate lol

2 Likes

bring back @Jeffrevin and its a good department

1 Like

when jeffrevin left scfd became corrupt

1 Like

what the fuck did i read??

3 Likes

Denied, I suggest you shut up.

1 Like

Mrzip was my Paramedic in Charge last year, he helped me improve a lot and quite frankly, one of the most polite, helpful and considerate person I have ever met in SCFD. How about you be quiet before making statements about people you have never worked with? Just a suggestion. I STRONGLY disagree of the idea of having Salvatore as Chief, no offence to him but he already has enough on this plate and canā€™t really control his attitude sometimes which is understandable but not really a good skill for tolerating the different people in SCFD which mrzip does quite well. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

All talk, not a single piece of evidence.

All I see here is an attempt to defame the Fire Chief, mrzip, and even the County Executive, markehabashi. Not once have I, or anyone else, seen any ā€˜corruptionā€™ from the SCFD High Command, and even if there was, this post is the complete and utter wrong way to go about dealing with it.

As you should know, an audit of the SCFD is being completed by the Department of Public Safety, with the assistance of the County Executive. Now, instead of bickering about it and throwing out your opinion without any substantial evidence, why didnā€™t you report it to them?

Finally, if you think that the County Executive hasnā€™t done anything for this State and it isnā€™t good enough, try reading the title of his job. Heā€™s in charge of the County, not the State, and he has done more than a lot of people would have for Stapleton County.

I, with the kindess in my heart, upmost and full respect, and utter sincerity, ask you to shut up.

Keep your opinion to yourself, and donā€™t start quoting the constitution to me.

5 Likes

Kindness*

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like