The S.O.T.H. Resolution

The Speaker of the House Resolution

STATE OF FIRESTONE

JANUARY 28th, 2023

A HOUSE RESOLUTION

TO

ESTABLISH FAIR GUIDELINES FOR S.O.T.H

SECTION I: SEVERABILITY; EFFECTIVENESS

(a) If any part of this resolution is struck down by the Firestone Supreme Court this resolution shall be null and void.

(b) This resolution shall be deemed effective once all conditions outlined by the constitution necessary for its passage are fulfilled properly.

SECTION II: AFFIRMATION

(a) Upon hosting a Speaker of the House election pursuant to the Constitution, the Governor shall be responsible for creating election guidelines pursuant to the requirements established in this resolution.

(b) The guidelines set by the Governor cannot be altered once the Speaker of the House election has begun unless motioned by the Governor and passed by a simple majority of all sitting House members.

(c) The guidelines set by the Governor must be followed as stated and available to the public.

SECTION III: TIMELINE

(a) Members of the House shall have twenty-four (24) hours minimum upon commencement of Speaker of the House elections to declare candidacy for Speaker of the House.
          (i) This period shall end prematurely if each sitting-member of the House has declared or waived their right to declare.

(b) Those who have declared candidacy for Speaker of the House shall have at least twenty-four (24) hours minimum upon the conclusion of the candidacy period to post a publicly-available speech directed towards their peers.
          (i) This period shall end prematurely if each candidate has already posted a speech.

(c) The House of Representatives as a whole shall have at least twenty-four (24) hours minimum upon the conclusion of the speeches period to question candidates running for Speaker of the House.
          (i) This period shall end prematurely if each sitting-member of the House has waived their right to question the candidates.

(d) The House of Representatives shall have twenty-four (24) hours minimum upon the conclusion of the questioning period to vote a candidate for Speaker of the House.
          (i) This period of time cannot end prematurely.

SECTION IV: ENFORCEMENT

(a) The legislative, executive, and judicial branches shall enforce this legislation upon passing.

CHIEF SPONSOR(S)

CanadlanLaw

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.