The Rise of Municipality

With the already added Police Departments I thought it be a great to also suggest other departments such as Volunteer Fire/Rescue Department, Water Department, Parks & Recreation Department, Municipal Court, maybe a sort of Recycling program too. And if someone pulls the “we have DPW for that” card I’m pull the “we have FSP/SCSO for that too” time for cities to have more fun & power

2 Likes

I don’t think all citiies need this BUT

It would be cool if each city had a specialization department: Arbor has a recycling department, Redwood has a Water Department, and Prom has a volunteer FD (since it’s the farthest away)

3 Likes

no, not needed at all. v2/v3 is already full of departments

5 Likes

every time an update is made, you manage to make the most useless suggestions I’ve ever seen.

7 Likes

there are so many departments already. even as a mayor, yes it would be cool but extremely inconvenient and useless.

1 Like

I know I joke a lot about opening a volunteer fire company but in all seriousness, it is not necessary. The fire department now already has issues maintaining staff.

Half of the shit your saying wouldn’t work considering the staffing it needs. Like holy shit what is a water department going to do or a municipal court when the regular courts need help. (like every other department that’s non-LE)

2 Likes

There is currently a lot of departments in firestone, stuff like this will just complicate things in my opinion

5 Likes

I am already skeptical of municipal cops, municipal fire departments definitely wouldn’t work. If you want more city departments then don’t just re-brand county or state level departments as municipal ones, come up with something unique.

4 Likes

I am not for this for many reasons. One is that V2 is extremely laggy due to new departments and such. Another reason is DPW could easily handle recycling as we already do WM operations. In V3, DPW has rear-loader trash trucks as well. I also think that water treatment is more in the private sector. Sure, towns and cities have water treatment. I see it adds roleplay, but is it really useful? Municipal Fire departments are a maybe. We already have one in V3 I believe. However, our response times to the furthest point from SCFD Station 1 are pushing roughly three-minute responses. There’s not really a need for a municipal department to handle fire operations when we already do our jobs just fine as it is. It’s a good idea, but really ask yourself, “Is this really helpful?”

4 Likes

No

No, its SCFD.

1 Like

but agreed, no need for municipal fire departments

3 Likes