The News Act @congress

If not already, put in place a legislation to prevent any news networks from releasing false news. Not only that but bar any commerce approved businesses from releasing advertisements that are untruthful, more or less fake.

This would not only make Firestone more realistic but also give the Dept. of Commerce something to do since from what I see, they are pretty useless at the moment.

Not only this but you should also UNBAR ME, PYROTHAN FROM LEGISLATION!!@congress

1 Like

why is this underneath development

also i tried to unbar but they just failed it sorry

1 Like

how do i switch it

and how do i get in contact with the Congress, can you tell the mods in the congress discord to unban me @MrEmote

1 Like

Eh, could violate the constitution and/or bill of rights.

1 Like

How can we determine what is “Fake News” and what is not? And i believe this violates the constitution.

1 Like
  1. All news organizations post on Twitter besides the Firestone Community Relations. Also, as @NicoloSkrt said, we have no way to determine fake news or not unless ask people involved in the story, article, tweet, etc.

2. Commerce is pretty useless at the moment cause Commerce is “unpopular” and the amount of employees/administration in the Department of Commerce. Commerce at the moment only has their Deputy Secretary, @R_udy , and Secretary, @FrancisHUnderwood . http://prntscr.com/iraqyv (Please visit the link for actual words said from Francis).

3. RIP you trying to get unbared from Legislation.

~Kat4Katrina

2 Likes

The problem with libel/slander laws in this game is anyone and everyone will try to use it to stop negative opinions. And if I get 90 cases of two kids bitching that one said this but this is true, then that’s true, the amount of people in prison will spike drastically from me alone throwing people in for contempt. So if you want to cause a shit storm, build more jail cells and let it be you who wastes time doing these cases, cause the Courts sure the hell won’t. Ideas like this is why everyone won’t unbar you.

1 Like

This is called limiting freedom of speech and is unconstitutional

1 Like

our rights already got taken away by roblox, soo support

2 Likes