The importancy of balancing out the cities in V3 and what we can learn from V2

hello firestonians,

i’m sure you all know what a Stapleton County v2 server looks like with 40 or more players online. it’s unenjoyable from a law enforcement and roleplay standpoint, i’m not sure what the average criminal’s standpoint is. we all see it everyday, redwood is a mess and the car dealership is like the big buddha. why is this? we got arborfield and prominence, why is it that redwood becomes a warzone? i think this is where development severily failed.

i think one of the most important things v3 development has to focus on is balancing the cities, so that there is no hotspot city. this can be done by providing all services in each city, this means that there is no single car dealership in the county, no single automechanic and so on. of course, there also has to be some individuality in the cities. for example, different cars at different dealerships. different prices and different mini-jobs (if this ever becomes a thing) and so on. and yes, i’m taking some of this from mayflower but that is not wrong, mayflower did an excellent job at balancing the cities out. they got 40 player servers yet it’s not unenjoyable.

i’m looking to start a discussion and get popularity on this post because i can’t stress how important this is, no one wants another redwood.

8 Likes

while the v3 map may look nice and all, how is this going to help anybody if everyone is hanging out at one place?

2 Likes

As long as each city does not get their own police dept, cause that would cause chaos

2 Likes

i don’t think we’d even have enough post cadets for these police departments, didn’t have that in mind anyway

2 Likes

i think the real problem is there’s literally nothing for civilians to do, so everyone just hangs out in 1 place and causes mayhem

we NEED things to do for money, like trucking or fishing, (OR HUNTING WOULD BE REALLY COOL)

a lot can be learned from arma 3 roleplay servers, they have lots of cool jobs for civilians like mining, fishing, ILLEGAL BUSINSS ACTIVITY and stuff

5 Likes

If only narcotics wasn’t against TOS

2 Likes

they could easily replace narcotics with something else more roblox friendly so

2 Likes

there is a lot of ways to “bend” roblox tos but it usually doesn’t go your way.

you can do illegal fishing, rob businesses, maybe be a worker at a gas station, the firestone fitness.

maybe be the car salesman at the place for once instead of it being a npc (i think that would be really hard to script to be honest.)

christ the games like los angeles, california and the chicago games have their own damn mafias and you can go make pizzas like those have been around since 2014 and people enjoy it.

maybe they can script you restocking shelves or maybe just mopping a floor in v3.

we have all these cool buildings and cars but not enough spent on actually having law abiding citizens to do other than join somethin like DoT and stuff like that.

you should be able to be your own independent lyft/uber driver too.

2 Likes

V2 for citizens is basically either causing shit in redwood or driving around and hope you don’t get pulled over.

2 Likes

I doubt there will ever be mini jobs because if there were mini jobs the government wouldn’t be able to force you into joining a department for more money

2 Likes

let’s call it flour, grass, and vaccines in syringe

2 Likes

people rarely get a job for ingame money, they do it because they’re interested in it

2 Likes

This is what Mayflower gets right. The reason V1 worked was due to the primary town being pretty big and services were not in the same spot. V3 should have fun things to do like a driving range where people can screw around place bets, etc. Hopefully V3 is scripted correctly and built right so the amount of people in servers can go up. The idea is to give places to hang other than the car dealership. Jobs should be fun like truck driving, etc. Look at ultimate driving for some of these jobs.

2 Likes

yes…

2 Likes

So you’re suggesting making it like Ultimate Driving?

2 Likes

we just want that the giant map is going to be made use of, i made a post on another thread which could fit to this topic.
just gonna quote it,

I think jobs where you just stay in a building aren’t that good for a game, I prefer jobs where you constantly need to stay on the move and not some repetitive cooking jobs. For example, collect apples and drive somewhere to sell them. Or buy a property like a factory, drive to the mines, mine some ores, buy factory equipment at some store run by an NPC and transform your ores into ingots or build stuff (sorta like crafting) like furniture and sell it to other players or use it for your own properties, use the ingots to sell them to an NPC, other players or use them for crafting (crafting weapons, entities etc)

In my eyes, the perfect Firestone would be a player run economy where you can trade with other players and provide services, where the cops vs criminals aspect of the game is not that big like it is right now. I can give many more examples on how my perfect Firestone would look like if anyone is interested

2 Likes

Killing people is against TOS, we do mutiple things against TOS in SC. Not like roblox would care anyways, so why not add narcotics? (Dont mind the top one it tried to send twice idk why)

2 Likes

i’m not sure if what you said about killing people is true, but if it is, there is obviously a difference between killing humanoids and actually taking narcotics

2 Likes

Then wouldnt this make hospital games against TOS? I used to work for security for one, got to see a few things. Seen them RP narcotics, they aint banned. Also, im pretty sure someone getting addicted to drugs isnt as bad as flat out murder.

2 Likes

they sure aren’t injecting crack and that stuff into them right? there is a difference on roblox between killing legos and giving the legos drugs. roblox is much more strict on drugs. also i’m pretty sure that killing is not against roblox TOS unless it involves gore etc, killing other players is a big factor of roblox. what is roblox supposed to look like without killing other players?

2 Likes