The Firestone Democracy Project - May 2022 Gubernatorial Election Report

Summary

• Hxppyteddyy and Ash1835 elected to the office of Governor and Lieutenant Governor.
  • Speeches were mostly satisfactory; providing information about the candidates and their plans.
  • Three sets of candidates ran for office, although developer intervention restricted further participation before campaigning was officially meant to close.
  • Voter participation was 522 (a decrease of 223 from the last election).

Speeches

Hxppytedyy and Ash1835: structured well, very detailed information about candidates, but vague in its plans (a list of branches and sectors they will help).

BendDerOver and TristonL12345: structured well, absence of relevant experience from either candidate, and a long set of detailed plans (New York relations, expungement relief, etc.)

Palmurst and Sharkfish82: structured well, high amounts of experience listed, and a long list of semi-vague plans (“support” is a word mentioned a lot).

Voter participation

With 522 voters, participation since the last election has decreased by 223 which is a worrying sign, especially when gubernatorial elections attract the most attention. This number cannot be attributed to a lack of exposure, but perhaps an increasing apathy for politics within Firestone.

Recommendations

1. Investigate the causes of decreasing voter participation, perhaps looking at concurrent player counts and general interest in the state.
  2. Promote further interest in the elections through the private sector and media outlets.

Discord: The Firestone Democracy Project

6 Likes

At the rate Firestone is going rn active member wise I don’t think there will ever be an election again with 1000+ voters.

6 Likes

There was someone from Ridgeway I thought who was running, it probably could’ve gotten some more people if he was included

2 Likes

He is a security risk…

1 Like

I strongly believe the death of Firestone politics is due to to extreme toxicity within the branches, shown by many active Congressmen and Congresswomen, you know who y’all are, as well as the cliques in this state that dont allow any new candidates.

1 Like

are you referring to the people who expelled you for only showing up to one session for an entire term

1 Like

Dread it, run from it, toxicity will arrive. Mayflower, Firestone and Ridgeway all filled with teenagers from around the world that share different opinions, everyone will be toxic where ever you go (not exactly everyone tho) The simple way to avoid toxicity is completely leaving or you could just deal with it and make your point clear.

2 Likes

nah im refering to the person that replied to me saying “I love hitler” and made a nazi party. Considering you can’t take a joke, it’s wild that you make them about other people.

1 Like

???

1 Like

honestly auto im not gonna talk to ya, its not worth talking to someone who is clearly as immature as you. have a great day :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.