The "censorship" posts

I’m sure it’s a very hot topic but seriously, these founders are just trying to improve the community. I left all of my jobs at Firestone a while ago because of toxicity and lack of anything to do. It would be wonderful if they could fix the toxicity in an instant, but that is simply not the case. Putting V2 on paid access is a great start. I’m down to hear any other insights on this ‘issue’.
Note: Keep this topic within the rules or I’ll just tell a moderator to take it down, thanks.
Double note: Don’t talk about the “censorship” posts unless it’s relevant.

3 Likes

can we stop creating ‘censorship’ posts? this ‘saga’ is very annoying and starting to impede normal discussion.

6 Likes

CENSORSHIP:

omg my post dissing the founders and calling them stupid idiots got removed censorship!!! /s

3 Likes

calling out actual problems with the supreme administration isn’t the same thing as saying “stupid idiots”

7 Likes

Take it from a guy who was Perma-banned but then appealed it after a solid 6-8 months, the founders and Co-founders are extremely fucking lenient with what can be said. I toed the line and went over, and the line is hard to cross without wanting to intentionally cross it, as such those “posts” should’ve been rightfully removed, and have been removed now.

So can we please end this bullshit honestly.

4 Likes

I feel like that used to be case. I feel its not the case anymore. In the past more then 2 years now that Ive been here, Fed wasnt too bad with the “im intervening shit”. Now its getting extra. Its been slowly getting worse.

3 Likes

and why did you create another post then

3 Likes

Imma put my useless two cents in this post.

It’s logically expected that the founders or co-founders will take down any post that is literally attacking them in any mean. Take it as an actual job position and the Founders/Co-Founders are the Boss. if you talk shit about the boss or even say the slightest criticism about them, they will simply remove you for the simple reason they don’t want negative energy surrounding them and they want people that enjoy the content that they already provide and nothing more.

In other terms, they ain’t seeking to satisfy the player base but they are seeking to put their own image of how the perfect state would run. Sure we could disagree about feds actions but its sadly his state and we can do nothing about it but to obey.

7 Likes

the man himself has spoken.

3 Likes

and unfortunantly shit like that is how a state dies off :man_shrugging: shit like look at v2 in recent weeks between how its run and exploiters V2 has just lost enjoyment to everyone. Many OGs are gone, and no side of roleplay is enjoyable at this point, most of us do our bare minimum to not get fired and then fuck off because the game has become a toxic cesspit hell.

4 Likes

The state has been dying because of lack of content and the community. In all honesty firestone community isn’t the best nor is its government when it comes to evening things out. There is high limitations on what Civilians and Criminals can do. I wouldn’t blame this due to the co-founders and founders decisions but more of the content that has been provided in V2 that has been lacking. Taking in consideration that V2 is being handled by 1 individual and he single handedly tried to add as much content as he can, we can’t really blame him for his effort to actually make the game enjoyable which is why @anon54114525 deserves this recognition.

OG’s has been leaving Firestone ever since the release of V2 as they realized the increase of the toxicity and again the content. The community puts high strict rules on those criminals masterminds and give them shit. To the point some community members would harass them or even treat them inhumanly. People need to realize this is a video game and roleplay plays a big part in this and they shouldn’t be harassing criminals for trying to make the game fun for them. Also the government needs to learn to balance the game with the current development stages. if the game lacks content then there is no reason for them to give them obscene time in jail etc.

Now I ain’t saying fed is honestly the best in general and I do mostly disagree with the things he does. But it is what it is and we can’t do anything about it sadly. Complaining about it does nothing but stir up issues with him and might as well be banned for providing him with “negative vibes” etc. Simply if anyone has a problem with how fed is running the group you have two options really. Leave the group and make another group that goes against the ‘wrong’ things about fed or just literally be quiet and deal with it :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

fed owns firestone, you choose to be in his community. He can frankly do what he wants lol

3 Likes

I’ve been in this state for over 3 years now. From my time starting at early V2, I can say that it has gotten worse quality wise. If not solved, the problem will only continue on in V3. The issue is that the founder fails to listen to those who have actual experience in their respective jobs and fields. All the arguments of “he can do whatever he wants with his state” is a dangerous statement considering the mission of Firestone, which strives to be realistic. The fact that the co founder deleted an entire post which only consisted of constructive criticism and concerns, show double standards and how far we’ve regressed as a state in terms of transparency. For all of you who ask “what has fed done to you”, the answer is that the founder has done numerous things which have impeded progress, but are not limited to:

• Demand for quantity versus quality in department hiring and academies (Ex: Expecting every department to have 200 or more employees by V3). We can see the effects through the increase of disciplinary actions, suspensions, terminations, and blacklists

• Unreasonable limits on academy class sizes and reduced class times to fulfill quantity

• Wanting IO to merge into FBI as a larger department, which will be a major liability considering the nature of work they do concerning classified information

• Not allowing for SCFD, which is dangerously low on staffing, to become secondary

• Extreme oversimplification of training and operations within SCFD particularly with its EMS system. Ex: Removal of drug dosages. This will greatly hinder the effectiveness of prehospital interventions and quality of patient care

If they want to create an image of a perfect state, they should really be a leader by listening to the people, respond to criticism accordingly instead of being narrow minded. It is rather contradictory to see someone who lacks experience in a particular field try to argue whats best (Refer to the SCFD curriculum debate in FS main discord’s debate channel back in Feb. 21, 2020).

4 Likes

quality dipped hard once v2 got into its stride and a lot of longstanding original dept leaders resigned/left, especially with lots of competent politicians resigning like rolerain who were essential to internal stability. pretty much anything after v2 alpha hasn’t been a model dept and its been well known for some time now that nothing is going to get better even if leaders listen, the internal corruption has gone too far to be fixed. fs simply just grew too large for its original base and has to branch out and become something new in order to support its new community.

5 Likes

i hate to say it butsworth is right. i’ve been here for 4 years, i’ve seen the good and the bad of this group. so much has changed, including internal stability losing key figureheads and long-time members really jeopardizes the stability of political freedoms and play-ability in firestone. this would be fine, that’s normal people come and go, but nobody is stepping up to fill those shoes for those who left. the legislative body’s effectiveness and quality has dropped dramatically, there are still some good legislators in there but overall quality is down and it ain’t like it was back in v1.

there were 3 major waves of change in government that i will be telling from the best of my recollections:

first wave competence growth and peak
after our 5th governor kolibob and his reign of terror was our first wave of competent politicians stepping up to the plate to ensure that something like this never happens again, followed with great progress from his successors such as officervideogame, envelope and path and even a return from laffy. throughout these terms political competence was growing, little to no corruption whatsoever a relatively decent manageable community of around 30-35k. then a man named rolerain comes gallivanting around to become our next governor who was a very popular dhs secretary and won in a huge landslide. this is the absolute peak of firestone right here and rolerain was in all honesty probably the best governor the state had the fortune of having. legislative competence was now at it’s peak, county and state got along, which county had things to do still as i was county executive at the time. however once rolerain resigned halfway through his term, the decline began to occur, it was widely unexpected, and people were use to him at the reigns and being able to achieve great things for us.
with his resignation we were left with a mediocre governor known as disordio who i honestly dont remember him doing a whole lot of stuff and our state continued to decline. however officervideogame makes his return to the governorship and decline slowed. he was good legislative competence was still there, corruption was low and good progress was made.

the 2nd wave the boiling kettle
with officervideogame banned from our community for doing some retarded shit after his term we lost another good politician and many of the politcians from the rolerain/envelope era were on their way out too. identitylaw was our governor he was alright, very kind guy and very bipartisan, he did his best to slow corruption and incompetency. now butsworth was governor, a top tier governor and one of the best ever. he was a different politician he did stuff other politcians never did before mostly connecting with the community, hosting rallys and engaging in foreign affairs. but the kettle was about to explode he was dealt some of the most difficult challenges a governor could face. he tried everything in his power to prevent a third wave and was taking a toll on him, this caused him to resign and followed were the famous mass resignations along with him, this was the last of the old guard that have been around since the start everyone from senators, to myself the county executive, mayors, secrertaries we were gone, our time was gone. or they just went to law enforcement then left quietly several months later.

3rd wave, the fallout
by this point we would never go back to our former glory, we’re in around early 2019 at this point. we went through some governors who were okay. but someone else came into the picture canine was elected governor who was also a very good one, the 2nd governor to serve 2 terms and the first one to complete both. he was an outsider and did lots to slow the plague of incompetency that faced us. he brought forth many different policies and beahviour as butsworth did, top tier governor! following him was shark who was very inactive (sorry shark) but however under him things were stable, however incompetency in the house and senate chambers were at an all time high, which i had the misfortune of presiding over. now i’m elected governor which is the peak of my career for sure, i think people liked me for my unique personality and way of running things, i had a similar philosphy to butsworth, i think i had great public interaction, i engaged lots with foreign relations including starting the g4 with francis. congress competency improved i suppose, we didnt have too many special elections. senate was especially good hecxtro did okay there. i doubt there was much corruption from the executive branch that i knew of, i think i ran things pretty good there and tried to be as transparent as possible. some decent progress was done under me and i hope i was a bit of a top tier governor, i worked really hard and it was tough, but i loved it. our state is too big for our head’s of state to be able to properly manage, the community has declined, toxicity has increased.

right now i feel lonely, i am the last of my kind of the original political members, it’s sad to watch this happen when there is little you can do. now we’re here i feel like a 4th wave is incoming or is upon us below the surface, i felt some blasts from it as governor, b_ear wil probably experience it and the next governor after him or a 2nd term of him will probably reveal what that wave might be, i predict incompetency and high corruption, but is anyone really suprised?

5 Likes

I think our issue is age, do you really put in effort for a lego game these days? When you say “the good days” people back then were probably between 13-15 and put a lot of effort.

Excuse bad grammar on mobile

3 Likes

The response on the previous thread is still there. I’m trying to figure out where this “Censorship” is coming from? China censors people, Firestone isn’t censoring people. Everyone knows what was said, and can still see what was said. The reality is this is a game, a platform created by developers and founders with RP roles, powers, and laws being permitted by the ownership. This power is seriously getting to people in RP positions heads. They’ve done everything from try to demand private chats, videos, and more. When these RP roles find themselves checked by the game Administration they throw hissy fits because they think it’s their game accusing people of extortion. Imagine calling a ROBLOX game rule Extortion, honestly some of the stuff said is some of the pettiest shit ever. Communities are places where everyone matters, but the reality is the owner has a vision and is going to maintain his game to that vision. This group has one of the most free flowing governments in ROBLOX States. Should appreciate what you have and stop acting like 5 year olds when you cant charge people with crimes for adding periods to their sentences. smh

4 Likes

Mayflower
Aigio

3 Likes

Cant say I’d find myself in either of those communities.

3 Likes

mayflower yes aigio no

3 Likes