Statement regarding the direction of CGOC

Citizens of Firestone,

For those who don’t know me, my name is Skye. I am the Speaker Pro Tempore of the House of Representatives, and I was elected Chairwoman of the Congressional Government Oversight Committee last night following the resignation of former Senator and Chairman JamesDitomosso.

The Congressional Government Oversight Committee has been going through some tough times lately – controversy over classification, investigations regarding the Governor and a former member of Congress, etc. We have not been transparent with the people as we should be. We have not been fulfilling our duty to the populous to stay within the boundaries of checks and balances and maintain a healthy relationship with our sister branches and the citizenry. For that, I apologize.

Moving forward, the Congressional Government Oversight Committee will be taking a new direction entirely. As Chairwoman of the committee, I today make a pledge to the people that I will work toward making this committee efficient and effective without overstepping our boundaries and trespassing on the Executive and Judicial branches, and I pledge complete and unabridged transparency.

I urge members of Congress, members of Firestone’s legal community, and members of the Executive Branch to work with me in drafting legislation to limit the power of CGOC while still allowing it to be an effective investigative committee. I want checks, I want balances, I want oversight. There are many ways this can be done, and I’m excited to hear ideas and take action.

As of today, I will be making an effort to limit the amount of material classified by the Congressional Government Oversight Committee as much as possible. There is no reason for each and every investigation to be classified; I promise to only be in favor of classification of the most sensitive material which would be absolutely and unarguably detrimental to an investigation should it be public. Further, I will be releasing press updates as often as is necessary to keep the people informed and full-length, in-depth reports on every investigation we do upon conclusion.

People of Firestone, I ask you only for one thing tonight: I ask that you give us a chance. I know it might feel like a heavy task for some; our recent history has not been admirable. It pains me to know that the citizens cannot trust this committee, and I will not rest until I have mended the gap between the people and CGOC which has been created. If you can find it within you to give us this chance to make amends, I will do my absolute greatest to not let you down for as long as I lead this committee.

Thank you all so much for listening. Please, please, please, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, anything – DM me. My Discord is princess skye!!#9640. I want to hear your thoughts and I want to work on improving our shortcomings. I will respond as soon as I possibly can.

Note: This post is not in any way on behalf of CGOC; all views are my own.

Thank you,
SPT Skye Jones
princess skye!!#9640

3 Likes

Back at it again with that discord info.

1 Like

cool.

1 Like

just gonna leave this here for future reference if anyone forgets http://prntscr.com/n3elb6

3 Likes

nevertheless congratulations and hopefully the people actually see change.

3 Likes

Good luck, because the general public is hard to convince.

1 Like

Motion for @Skye_Jones to mark it as “resolution” so it stays ontop

1 Like

Motion carries

1 Like

how is it so hard to manage an oversight committeee

2 Likes

Acting as internal affairs for a government as large as ours is hell

3 Likes

Furthermore, I trust Congresswoman Skye with this task. Though we disagree politically, I trust she will maintain the values of the Constitution and the order it provides.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like