Some suggestions for FA/EMT cert departments

I am a first aid certified Trooper with the firestone state patrol. It has come to my attention that some people may not know what their first aid kit is limited to. Here are some suggestions:

Locations:
FA kits should be located at:
In your trunk
On your BP vest (If you are wearing one)
On your leg (Look up leg first aid kit)

Items:
FA kits should have:
Roll of gauze
Medical Tape
Scissors
Bandages
Sterile pads
Epi-pen
Antibiotic ointment
CPR barrier

I put this in discussion because I am not sure what category it would fall in.

2 Likes

Actually there should be a definition what EMT-B, EMT-P and First Aid can carry. I have many times already met such problem where you dont really know.

2 Likes

It is in the EMT-B guidelines…

1 Like

I meant for everyone, not only for people who know have the license.

1 Like

moved to development suggestions

2 Likes

Good evening, Ladies, Gentlemen, and those who are too self-conscious to identify by one.

You see, all those items would like fit within a vest. These would be carried in a jump-bag. Those who are certified can render aid and comes in handy for Stapleton County Fire Department to have people be there to help or have a jump start, nevertheless save the patient.

However, LEO Medical Kids include: include OPA / NPA, BVM, LSU, NC / NRBM, Splints, Gauze, Gloves (Give or Take). These should only be used when a LEO has EMT-B / EMT-P AND CERTIFIED TO USE THEM. These contents would be kept in a kit in the trunk of the cruiser. Those who render aid with tools not mentioned in this, will typically face anywhere from a warning, to having certifications removed / blacklisted.

Let me also state that First Aid Certifications are very limited and are limited on what you can do, when talking the situations that occur within Firestone.

Now, for people without a license, under no circumstances shall they really try to render aid if they do not have a Firestone First Aid nor EMT level certification. This will be scene as Malpractice and also lead to FFA Certifications Revoked / Blacklisted.

I like the idea of Law Enforcement Officers being able to render a low to basic level of medical aid. However, they must use first aid equipment and be certified to render this level of aid. They already have EMT-B essentials, just depends on if they have EMT-B certification to utilize these tools.

Standard Operating Guideline for off-duty:

Thanks,

Training Officer / Senior Firefighter.
SouthernMorality
Firestone Fire Academy.
Stapleton County Fire Department.

4 Likes

everyones emt-b is removed from femt training or whatever that was

2 Likes

Pretty much. This is due to change in the curriculum and the way we render aid, and also to ensure everyone renews their certifications, occasionally. To re-obtain EMT-B level certification, all you have to do is attend the first two (universal) tiers within the Firestone Fire Academy. After this, you can become a Dormant in the FFA program, which freezes progress within the academy. This allows for you to get your EMT-B certification, however, allows for you to pause your progress in FFA in the event you wish to continue it at a later class.

Further certification questions, Firestone Fire Academy Questions, etc. Can be directed towards me or another member of the training staff.

Training Officer / Senior Firefighter.
SouthernMorality
Firestone Fire Academy.
Stapleton County Fire Department.

1 Like

oh okay, because i was emt-b before

2 Likes