Elect sithmaster921 to the Stapleton County Council

Contents:

I. Introduction
II. About Me
III. My experiences
IV. Term Recap and Plans
V. Conclusion statement

I. Introduction

I must start by apologizing for some of my recent inactivity both in the Firestone court systems and in the County Council in general. I hope that those who take my inactivity as a sign of my lost motivation and disregard for Firestone could reconsider their view and understand that I have genuinely tried my best to maintain motivation. Of course, I do not deny that there are people who have been arguably better with activity under real life circumstances. I have nothing to say except that they are better in that respect than me.

With that aside, I hope to win your support and your vote as a competent and capable legislator who can maintain a consistent and reliable voice for everybody in the Stapleton County Council. I truly hope to have your genuine support, and I hope to have your confidence that I will continue to do well on the County Council.

II. About Me

Nothing much has changed from when I last wrote my speech for election. Once more I would like to highlight some of my values and beliefs. I believe first in having respect for everyone. Though it seems extremely cliché and often repeated, it is not often placed into practice. Certainly, any part of Firestone could benefit if everyone could respect this tenant as I hope to have had. Additionally, I want to emphasize my respect for hard work and my true genuine belief that hard work in its truest and most literal sense is one of the key factors toward success.

I have been practicing law in the Firestone courts consistently since my admission to the state bar in August. I have worked on 2 supreme court cases and I am currently doing some work with clients in civil cases.

Please, if you want to talk to me, do DM me! I’d be very glad if you had questions or comments.

III. My Experiences

• County Councilor October 2022-now
  • Prominence City Clerk August 2022-October 2022
  • Prominence City Clerk February 2022-August 2022
  • Progressive Chief Legal Officer*
  • Bar certified attorney (For my case work and record, please DM me!)

IV. Term Recap and Plans

When I was running for County Council in October, I had laid out several plans that I had hoped to accomplish during my term.

• I’ll just clear this one out of the way: transparency, Literally every single person who has ran for political office ever has talked about it, but I’m going to be honest here: a press release every 2 or so weeks is not transparency. Answering citizens’ questions when they ask them is not transparency. I find that often, but not always, a press release is just talking about what that politician achieved since the time of the last release. If I am elected to the Stapleton County Council, I will take the initiative to discuss, either via Forum post, county Discords, or simply the good old way of talking to citizens on the streets of the county about the issues we face, the troubles the county faces, and receiving their input on the matter. As such, I would vote for any legislation establishing some sort of public relations component.

I tried to always maintain contact with other councilors, citizens, and other components of the county government when working and developing new ideas. Several bills that I drafted were scrapped upon discussion with other colleagues and other components of the county government. I always try to maintain a neutral and unbiased view on matters such as legislation.

• The Stapleton County Council has a bad habit of going inactive a few weeks after its election. While I cannot personally compel every single member of the Council to be active, I believe that taking the initiative and being active would encourage others to at least meet the bare minimum standard of activity. If anything, my term will at least be active and I guarantee I will not fall into a state of inactivity.

I have to admit that I have somehow fallen victim to inactivity. However, I have never lost interest in the County Council and I have given it the same attention as I have from day one. Admittedly, I could have done more and proposed more when I probably could have, but I will only ever propose legislation when I have the full confidence that I can give it the time and attention that I need to run it through the council, and only when I have my full confidence that the bill is the most revised and perfect as possible.

If I am elected to the Stapleton County Council, I will conduct a thorough review of our current legislation, and within a week of being elected, propose a set of legislations to amend or nullify poorly worded legislation, fixing loopholes, etc.

I have worked proposed and passed two pieces of legislation on this. One removing an outdated law (Trello) , and one proposing an amendment to the county charter to remove a blatant loophole (Trello) I believe that I have shown that this goal is realistic and attainable, and if elected, I will certainly continue to work toward the goal of perfecting county legislation.

• Later in my term, I will start taking the initiative with new legislation by proposing any legislation I believe can improve the livelihoods of our deputies, firefighters and paramedics. I am currently unsure of how to undertake such a task, but I am hopeful that I will know how later in my term.

Despite my efforts, I have not found a good way to do this. I have always remained in contact with my fellow councilors and I have always discussed bills and ideas for legislation with them. This will certainly always be something that I will work towards.

With that being said, my plan for this term, if elected, is to continue with these same general pattern that I have had in this term. I will do my best to work on legislation that will actually have an effect on the county in terms of improving the livelihoods of deputies, firefighters, and paramedics. Even then, I will always work on pushing legislation that makes our county legislation free of flaws and free of loopholes. If I cannot do anything else, I will always make sure that this is done.

V. Conclusion

Once more, I hope that those who have perhaps judged my negatively because of my inactivity can reconsider. Once more, if you have questions or comments, shoot me a DM at normal saline#4116, or comment your question on this post.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
sithmaster921

2 Likes

Support

1 Like

Support.

1 Like

support

1 Like

support

1 Like